So I had some issues with my S/C

Well I had my head unit F-up on me. So I sent it out to a place called Superchargerrebuilds.com and had it gone thru. I did some other upgrades (posted picks in the build thread). Had it all together and was pulling out of my shop. I got on it and the truck made a "noise" and shut down. when I checked it this is what I found-

WP95000041_zpsbd99c400.jpg

WP95000043_zpsfe7edde3.jpg

WP95000046_zpsbc29496e.jpg

WP95000055_zps42a93675.jpg

WP95000055_zps42a93675.jpg

WP95000059_zps7b22365d.jpg

WP95000060_zps38371575.jpg

And yea that was a new impeller. I ended up buy a new D1 head unit. I need to send it back they are suppose to "do something"

Not quite sure why you didnt send it to Procharger to be rebuilt

I had the head unit and it needed an new oil slinger and output shaft. I found this place and just ordered the parts and rebuilt it (Procharger will not sell parts). I had some tranny issues and tore it down to fix it so I pulled the head unit ( had a bearing noise and I knew the impeller needed to be replaced). So I sent it to them for a rebuild. The owner said he never seen one do that. He did say send it back.

I had the head unit and it needed an new oil slinger and output shaft. I found this place and just ordered the parts and rebuilt it (Procharger will not sell parts). I had some tranny issues and tore it down to fix it so I pulled the head unit ( had a bearing noise and I knew the impeller needed to be replaced). So I sent it to them for a rebuild. The owner said he never seen one do that. He did say send it back.

No offense but you should of sent it to PC

Lesson learned. It doesnt pay to try to save money on things like this.

Also where did the broken pieces go....id be looking at replacing your charge cooler too

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Agreed on sending to Procharger. Now there is no way they would even try and replace anything. Out of the last 15 years that I have owned prochargers, I have never seen a case do that. Trying to call the blame game is the other issue you will have.

Yea lesson learned. as for upgrading to a D1, I had a D1. When I bought the new head unit, I bought it thru http://brutespeed.com/, he sponsors the local Club I work with here in Jax http://www.rivercityperformance.com/forum/ he had the best price and easy to work with. Yea I thought about the intercooler, it stopped what looked like the majority of the pieces. I cleaned it out and used my bore scope to inspect it and I also pressure checked it. If anything went thru the engine I wouldn't know it sounds great plus I have my 408 getting built.