alternator options

GI.SS

im looking to get a new alternator as it has intermittent voltage drops. I can rebuild it, cheapest kit iv found is $80 online. Or i can buy a new one from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-08-Chevy-GMC-Trucks-and-Escalade-4-3L-4-8L-5-3L-6-0L-Alternator-160amp-/300674357614?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460196996e&vxp=mtr

from what i came up with we have a 105 amp? being 05+ i need a two pin.

I do have a little bit of a sound system. I was going to do the big 3 along with a new alt. is this the correct alternator to use even tho it states 160 amp?

When my original equip 105 went out I replaced it with a 145 amp from NAPA.

The 145 is a slightly larger housing casting and needs a slightly longer belt.

I upped the amperage because I have a set of e-fans to swap out on the truck. (I'll get the time to do that and a few other things someday, I'm sure).

Embarrassing to say how long I've had the fans and a few other parts ready to go on.

I run a 300 amp alternator. I thought 05+ came with a 145

Sent from my Samsung GS4 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

This is correct. Personally I would rebuild the factory 145 amp before I'd buy an eBay crapper.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

it is a brand new acdelco unit. not some chinease crap. I talked to the guy on the phone yesterday and they are in VA with a 1 year warranty

Then for 85$ I would get it. I'm always iffy about buying eBay. If it does break ur stuck shipping it back and yada yada

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I would find a reputable alternator rebuild shop...my cousin has his own business rebuilding alternators and starters. He makes bank doing it, he rebuilt my stock one up to 240amps...cost $40 in parts.