GMs still got it!

Check these links out. I know most of you are probably pretty familiar with the new vette already but here is a full breakdown since the auto news people can finally really get there hands on it. Its seems we wont here that ole crap about chevy's "cheap interior" and lack of sophistication anymore. The second link is a bad to the bone cadillac that has some serious design behind it and makes me feel good about the folks at GM still. Hopefully we can see a new special edition truck soon that will make some of this cool tech and ideas show up in a truck. Here ya go!

Vette:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/16/2014-chevrolet-c7-corvette-stingray-review-first-drive-video/

Cadi:

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/08/15/cadillac-elmiraj-concept-monterey-2013/

I read the whole story and then searched for info on the srt viper to compare the looks of the two a little, and I almost threw up in my mouth a little when I saw the first pic of the viper, after staring at that gorgeous stingray for half an hour, haha. No comparison.

Only $50k new! You see you can choose the tune you run with a knob? He said the exhaust got louder when he switched to "sport"!

Yeah there is an exhaust clip floating around somewhere with the GM engineer flipping the modes and listening to the exhaust change haha

The dual mode exhaust has been around for a while. In previous models, it opens by vacuum when you hit 3500 RPM. Controlling it with a switch is a new feature offered with the car, but also has been around a while. A kit called "Mild2Wild" allows you to open it with a switch on a fob. I never close mine. rolleyes.gif

One road test of the new Corvette that I read really ticked me off. The writer made some comments that sounded like guys who bought Corvettes were guys that couldn't afford a Porsche. I don't like Porsches, never have. And they are expensive. But, in my opinion, the Corvette has its engine in the correct place. wink2.gif