Bad luck strikes SS again!!!

THATGUYCRUZ

Well the SS ate shit, again! I'm driving home from the base and I hear a loud noise and see crap flying everywhere on the freeway as well as cars trying their best to get from behind me. First thought is a blow out. Of course with my luck I'm going through downtown Fort Worth on interstate 30 where they of course are doing construction and happen to have to shoulders. I literally shut my eyes and prayed for safety and the SS god gave me enough momentum to make it over the hill and the construction barriers open up to a exit. I pull over immediately, get out and see no flats. So I crawl underneath and my driveshaft is in two pieces laying on the ground. This of course is after a long weekend at the base playing war games in 100 degree heat running miles upon miles for fun. By this point dn near ready to drug abuse I'm so fed up with stuff going wrong. Don't worry it gets better. Than two cops roll up while I'm waiting on the tow truck and thankfully I was in uniform, otherwise I know they would have given me a hard time. The tow truck finally shows up over an hour later. And to make this story short my front bumper was crushed by this idiots chains pulling my truck, rear number scratched to hell from dragging case she sits so low, And my truck almost fel off the tow truck in the way home. I'm exhausted. Ill explain more later. Here's some pics for y'all to enjoy.

post-20893-0-32377000-1376883977_thumb.jpg

post-20893-0-73903100-1376883989_thumb.jpg

post-20893-0-34587500-1376884007_thumb.jpg

Edited by THATGUYCRUZ (see edit history)

Thanks for the positive responses guys. As for the tires, our broke government was throwing away those brand new tires for no reason so I asked if I could have them. I'm posting them on Craigslist tonight and hopefully I make enough to cover te damages. Do you guys think the weight from those tires had anything to do with it?

Thanks for the positive responses guys. As for the tires, our broke government was throwing away those brand new tires for no reason so I asked if I could have them. I'm posting them on Craigslist tonight and hopefully I make enough to cover te damages. Do you guys think the weight from those tires had anything to do with it?

man that sux sorry to hear... Depending on the weight of those tires coulda changed the pinion angle causing it to snap.... time for sum helper bags

First off man, sorry to hear about your bad luck. Those tires are pretty heavy and since your truck is lowered the weight could have put pressure on the truck that it wasnt designed to take and with it being lowered and all it could have transferred to the drive shaft. I dont know if that makes any sense but I see the same thing with lifted trucks all the time... people life and lower vehicles which looks awesome and I love it but I havent dropped my SS yet because the factory height is where GM tested all the parts and angles so I'm afraid the drivetrain isnt designed to move at the angles droppin or raising it would put it at. That being sad Im gonna lower the keys and maybe some shackles in the rear. However, sitting as low as your and lookin that sweet I'm thinkin damages drivetrain. Any of you Pros have any thoughts on how lowering trucks effect the drivetrain?

Edited by smalltownguy (see edit history)

That sucks to hear. I hate driving through ft. Worth. But ill tell you what, since I'm such a nice guy, I'm gonna go ahead and drive down your way after work and ill drop off my trouble free 2wd 5.3 truck and ill take yours as is. Thanks. ;)

Don't tempt me. Pm me, I might be interested

Yeah out here in Cali if you breakdown on the "freeway" as we call it, and say you have broken something or spilled any oil/fluid thus "damaging" the road, the CHP will ticket you. Way to hit you when you're down right?

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)