BedRug Installation

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I put a bed rug in my SS last week and im very happy with it

SSilverado60,

I am having a BedRug installed tomorrow, what, if anything, did you do about your tailgate protecter cap? Was it left alone? Was it removed and reinstalled?

I had a BedRug installed today at Quality Bumper & Accessories in Mesa, AZ.....$299.00 installed. It looks great! I am glad I followed the lead of some of my fellow SS owners and went with this product.

I put a bed rug in my SS last week and im very happy with it

SSilverado60,

I am having a BedRug installed tomorrow, what, if anything, did you do about your tailgate protecter cap? Was it left alone? Was it removed and reinstalled?

You dont have to remove it, DCAIRNS did it because he had to in order to run the cap that he has

Got a BEDRUG put in this week. It gives the bed a custom look that I like. :D The accessory business that ordered it installed it, in about an hour. When I got home there was an air pocket in the bed that raised the rug up off the bed of the truck. After several days of driving the air pocket has dissappeared. That is the only problem so far, and I believe the rug is going to be A OK!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Well, if you believe the advertising, it is supposed to be easy to clean up. Mine went through the car wash with no problem (had the shell off). Took a day to dry out.

"completely unaffected by water, dirt, grease, oil, acids, bleach or solvents"

"Super easy Cleanup! Simply vacuum, sweep, spray with a water hose, or use a pressure washer."

Kinda sounds like those TV commercials... "but wait there's more!! If you order now..."

www.bedrug.com

• 1 year later...

My bedrug is almost a year old now, and looks as good as the day I put it in. I vacuum it once a month and wash it at the car wash if it gets really dirty. My bed is uncovered and the only wear on the rug is the yellow tag stiched into the rear edge of it is slightly faded.

I'd buy another one in a New York minute! :cool:

Bed Rug all the way!! I put one in last year and have been happy with it ever since. As far as cleaning it, yea I had a situation arrise that required some cleaning. Short story so you don't get bored. I was at Lowes purchasing one of those plastic storage sheds and it comes in peices packed on a pallet. I had also purchased two gallons of white paint. I had loaded the paint in my truck next to the wheel well and the forklift operator lowered the pallet on top of one of the cans of paint. Yea you know it, the can exploded and paint went everywhere. My black truck now had white spots on the right hand rear quarter and all in the bed rug. If you haven't had the opportunity to clean up a gallon of white paint, you must try it sometime. :nonod: I was able to get it all off of the truck and it washed right off of the bedrug. I was impressed that it repelled the paint so well. There is no sign of it even making an attempt at staining the carpet fibers. It is the best thing I have ever put in the bed of a truck. And it looks great as well as being functional.

Just a quick comment. Have had mine since early 2003. Has hauled lots of stuff, cleans up easy. Never hauled REAL truck stuff though in this vehicle (bricks, rocks, old timber---you know, the stuff they show pickups doing on tv commercials). Makes it easy hauling old furniture (sliding, moving things into position). If the truck is used for rough hauling, I'd go ahead and get a bed-mat--easy to take out, protects the Bed-Rug.

But, for the most part, the Bed-Rug is PERFECT. Really great for camping. You can sleep on it easily because of the quality padding underneath.

And, if you need more velcro, the BedRug folks will send you more for free. Alternately, just go to the HomeDepot, etc., and get a roll of the stuff--with the same teeth set as what the BedRug folks included. Don't go cheap, get the industrial grade.

I really have enjoyed the BedRug. Geeze, interesting message up there about the spilt paint! I have always wondered about that.

ive had one on my truck for the past 2 months, thats how old the truck is, and i adore it. i go to the local drive in with my girl every once in a while. its just a blast. love the rug! id buy one again if i ever needed to, just a lovely product

nick

• 1 month later...

That's already been discussed on the topic... the velcro tape that holds the bedrug in has to be attached to a smooth surface. I've seen a bedrug blow out of a truck while running down the highway! Guess what he tried to attach the tape to? Yep, spray in liner!

Archived