2003 SS in CT

skymynx

Welcome. Just swap out the OEM headlights to complete the total ruining of that front end hahahaha. J/k.

But on a serious note you have come to the right place for help getting it back to stock. Not sure if you know this but I'll throw it out there. Since I'm doubting you have any of the OEM pieces you may also want to consider doing an 06 front end conversion since you're gonna need to buy parts anyway. What that is, is the HD hood and a different multiple piece grille. It bolts right up in place of the 03-05 grilles and hoods. As far as the bumper, check Ebay for OEM replacements, LMC truck or "SAE" parts. Just saying. Good luck.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the silverado SS bed any different then the normal beds besides the cladding. I'm gonna start shopping around this next week for the paint quotes. Just not sure if the old bed is worth saving vs buying a replacement one. The tops of the current one has so many dents and dings.

Good luck bringing it back you ever need to look at one that's all stock to figure out what's correct and what is not I live right in danielson, let me know

Thanks for the heads up. Right now I've been stopping and looking at one in my town that's for sale. I liked it, but I thought it was over priced (bone stock 130k for 13k). Had a lot of scratches on it.

Thanks for the heads up. Right now I've been stopping and looking at one in my town that's for sale. I liked it, but I thought it was over priced (bone stock 130k for 13k). Had a lot of scratches on it.

Yea I just payed 15k for mine in mint shape with 91k I'm second owner

@ Motorman1968 and Skymynx ...

Check out the Events Gatheing Section ... We are having a Silveradoss.com Day at the Drags in early October. We are meeting at Lebanon Valley Dragway, Lebanon Springs NY. It's close to CT ... So come join the fun .. :thumbs:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/82993-lebanon-valley-dragways-8th-annual-ssscom-day-the-drags/

@ Motorman1968 and Skymynx ...

Check out the Events Gatheing Section ... We are having a Silveradoss.com Day at the Drags in early October. We are meeting at Lebanon Valley Dragway, Lebanon Springs NY. It's close to CT ... So come join the fun .. :thumbs:

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/82993-lebanon-valley-dragways-8th-annual-ssscom-day-the-drags/

I will at least keep it in mind. Might not be ready for that, as I'm still waiting for some other projects to sell, before I go to crazy with the SS. Been up there before, sucks that it's one of the closest drags, yet still 3+ hours away for me.

Lesson #1 about this truck learned. Don't assume anything. Order new bumper cover for the truck. Of course it wouldn't have any of the factory brackets. Wasn't a fan of the bumper that was on it, but I will give it credit was at least built fairly well.

• 3 weeks later...