A couple HD update pics

diggerdan11

Hey guy, Thought I would post up a couple pictures of my HD since I have not posted any. I just snapped a couple pictures after washing it. I still need to to a full detail.

Since I bought it I have put on new wheels, leveled it, LED tails, HID's, Magnaflow, K&N, Tune, Tool Box, De-Badged/De-Molded, New Pioneer deck, and a few other things.

Next I am planning on updating the Stereo system a bit, Im still thinking about rhino lining the bottom of it since it will be the easiest and cheapest fix to the bad paint I found under the molding (which you cant see in the pictures), plus it will help protect it for years to come (Im planning on keeping this for a long time). I also need to remove the chrome bed rails, and I am thinking about putting on some HD extending mirrors.

Enjoy

Any Suggestions on other fairly inexpensive mods that might look good, or be nice?

IMG_20130803_084902_033_zps6c202458.jpg

IMG_20130803_084845_012_zpsc9a90e23.jpg

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

I would also paint the grill and bowtie or change it out. If your taillights arent already tinted, I would do that and the third brake light. It gave my black silverado a entire new look. Personally I like the mirrors on it now. I dont like how the other mirrors stick so far out, its the first thing that I draw my attention to with those huge mirrors.

Coming alone nicely Dan, question do you ever miss the SS?

Yeah I do, but I keep telling myself I did it for a reason. I really needed real truck, plus I am restoring a 69 Chevy so that will be fun when its done. I dont miss being OCD about keeping my truck clean.

Looks good Dan. If say pull the front bumper cover where fogs are and paint that to match the truck, I think that will look sweet.

Yeah I have been thinking about that. I might see what my body guy would charge to paint the top and bottom plastic. I have also thought about painting the gray part of the grill black just like I did in the SS.

I would also paint the grill and bowtie or change it out. If your taillights arent already tinted, I would do that and the third brake light. It gave my black silverado a entire new look. Personally I like the mirrors on it now. I dont like how the other mirrors stick so far out, its the first thing that I draw my attention to with those huge mirrors.

I will probably at the most paint the gray part of the grill and leave the chrome. As much as Im not a fan of chrome, its kinda a pain in the butt to paint, and and SS grill is fairly spendy. The LED tails/ Third Brake light I bought are already smoked. I will try to get some pictures of the back of the Truck.

Color matching does wonders for these trucks. Color match handles, mirror caps, flares and top bumper cap. Black out the valance (either by paint or buying an 06+ one), paint the plastic grille black to get rid of the old, faded gray look.. Andd clear the lights IMO. Would clean it up a ton!

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)

I think that the HD mirrors is a good idea. How much more expensive is touch up painting over Rhino lining? I think that I would want to go paint if it was me and I would also want to do some chrome elimination to the front bumper.

Both sides of my truck have damage on them. Both the front and rear passenger door have bubbling paint caused by a bad paint job. And the Front driver door has a nice dent in it (might be fixed by paint less dent removal), and the driver side rear door has a bunch of deep scratches that I think I did when I was removing the trim.

I was quoted $800 for each side to re-paint. It will be $650 for the Rhino Lining. Its a tough decision to make, I have seen the rhino lining and it looks good, but I also love the look of the doors smooth without any trim or Rhino-lining

I have an 06 valance you can have, just gotta pay shipping.

I will PM you

BTW here is what it might look like if I had the lower part lined. This pictures makes the rhino line look a little lighter than black. I had a Line-X bed on my SS and the color matched great.

img201104210919111.jpg

Here are some others. Some of these have a little more lined than just the lower panels.

43472d1333940695-pics-linex-rhino-etc-li

Ignore the Dumbass Stacks in this picture

76896d1368596903-bed-lined-rockers-img_3

Looks good I would put some wheel spacers on it to give it a more aggressive look to kick the tires out a lil wider so it doesn't look so top heavy and give it a wider stance. I wouldn't ryno line it do line x its a way nicer finish then the ryno liner.

dude put stacks o yours j/k, I replaced my grey 05 valence with an 06 black one. It's an easy swap. Just make sure you get the correct "body screws" whatever they called.

If only I would have bought a Diesel I would totally rock those stacks!

Im joking BTW :loser:

Looks good I would put some wheel spacers on it to give it a more aggressive look to kick the tires out a lil wider so it doesn't look so top heavy and give it a wider stance. I wouldn't ryno line it do line x its a way nicer finish then the ryno liner.

Yeah I was actually going to go with Line-X since that is the only company in town. I just say Rhino since it is probably a more recognizable name.

I will probably also go with there Premium lining since it is only a little bit more, and it has a little more gloss, so it will match the truck better.

I have thought about spacers, but im a little woried about wear, and stress. it will do a little more research. I do agree that they will make things look even better.