4.56 good choice?

Only a few but looking like my truck may be cam only for a while. In the process of buying a house and not sure when Ill have the extra coin to drop on the truck.

Jay, ETMC is owned by a friend of mine and though Ive never had any work done by their shop they do have a very good rep from most people. They have built some very nice and respectable cars and trucks and its a smaller shop (only 2-3 employees) so they tend to pay attention to detail a bit better. I have heard his tuning is a bit on the slacking side sometimes but thats just all word of mouth info from other people. Ill be back in Longview this weekend, might bring the SS, but probably be in the DMAX.

I had head the same about there tuning. Have been looking for someone to tune my drag truck but really havn't come across anyone close that I would trust... my daily is Wheately tuned.

I met ya at Dallas Raceway in June of 11 I was in the red QC Ram, which was a slow pig at the time lol

There's an offroad place in town that's supposed to do a good job and not break the bank. Some places charge over 1,000 per axle and that's just ridiculous to me. I only have one axle of course but still lol. Has anybody used motive gears?

Yes that is what I have in my VHO, they are silent.

I'm wondering what gear set I need to look for. I've heard 12 bolt and 14 bolt. I found a 4.30 once that I was told would work but I can't find it anymore. I'm trying to figure what axle I have so I can make sure I get the right stuff.

It's a daily driver but I do about 90% city driving. My buddy has an 82 c10 with a 5.3/4l60e swap with 4.10s and loves it and he runs a 28 inch tire. Mine is a whole 4 inches taller tire so I'm thinking a 4.56 might not be too bad for mine plus I have a heavy wheel. It's also just a heavy truck in general lol. Ill talk to a few people before I make a decision I guess.

I run a 28.7" tire and 4.56 gears. I have not got traction yet so I don't know how it 60 foots, and I have not been able to make up the difference on the tall side of the track either, so I'm on the fence if it was worth it or not. And my motor is a higher rpm motor so I figured it would love it, but not yet. 60 foot difference is high/mid 1.7s compared to low 1.7/1.69x with the 4.10 and traction.

Highway rpm is about 2600 at 70mph with the small tire

But on a motor with no low end torque, they did finally allow me to be in 4th gear at 35-40 mph with the converter locked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

1.95 was my best 60ft with traction.. Dead hooked full out launched as hard as I possibly could lol that's with 3.73.. At 70 I'm 1900-2000 rpms with the converter locked. Around 40-50 the converter unlocks all the time and it just needs more gear. I still have some good low end torque but with my converter anything below 3200 is basically useless anyways unless I'm cruising. I can make my truck hook on certain surfaces and it hooks like a dream at the track I just need that 60ft down and the gears just seem waaaayy too long to me lol.

I absolutely love my 4:56's but I am also AWD... 60mph I run about 22-2400rpms in overdrive and in 3rd I am about 3k+ lol... launch is nice but I do get a small amount of wheel spin hitting 2nd gear lol... Not enough to hurt et's but enough to kick the front out a little.. :peelout: