Please help! header install

SSorNothing

Okay so I've used the search button and haven't found a whole lot. I'm installing heddman shortys on my truck and it is kicking my ass. I can not for the life of me get the old driver side manifold out. All the bolts are out but I can't manoeuvre the thing out. Any ideas? Or the proper way to do this?

I agree with him. That iss is probably in your way. Just be sure!!! No one touches your steering wheel while its unbolted. If it spins, you'll more than likely damage the sir coil for the airbag and steering wheel, and they aren't cheap.

The bolt is indeed a 15MM for the intermediate steering shaft inside the truck and in the engine bay. once you un bolt the shaft you will be fine, I would just tie something on the wheel to the armrest to make sure it doesnt rotate around. Are you sure your loosening the bolt? If you try un bolting it from the tab that locks with the nut that wont loosen.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Well I got the headers in, awesome. But now I have a flashing cel along with rough idle, surging under acceleration and an engine shake. After the test drive I found that one part of the header paint wasn't burning off. Checked the spark plug and the ceramic insulator is cracked. Would this be the source of all my issues?

Well I got the headers in, awesome. But now I have a flashing cel along with rough idle, surging under acceleration and an engine shake. After the test drive I found that one part of the header paint wasn't burning off. Checked the spark plug and the ceramic insulator is cracked. Would this be the source of all my issues?

yes it very well could be..

I replaced all the plugs and the flash is still there, I just picked up some new plug wires today and will put them in this morning (I work nights). However I'm concerned that the wires look a little short. They are Taylor thundervolts part# 82205. Any ideas if these will fit?. Oh an Canadian, I've seen you driving on highway 2 and also at Friday night street legals, very nice truck