SS's at Famed Road America road course

CraigW

I am getting info on possibly having an SS rally at Road America. Road America is a 4 mile road course used by many types of cars including Champ cars, vintage racers, Porche Club. It is an awesome course to run on because it has alittle of everything. I thinking of next summer no set date yet. I need to find out who's interested in coming. Road America is in Elkart Lake Wisconsin about 1hour north of milwaukee.

Please let me know so I could get an estimate of how many will attend.

• 2 weeks later...

I participated with the F body club last year 03 and had a blast, I don't think I would take the SS on the track, but a caravan up there would be awesome!!!! Especially if there is some racing to watch!!! I am in give me the date!!! If it turns into a track day, Ill grab pops M3

We could meet for a race. But there is only one that allows au to take trucks on the track for track touring(not racing) that would be the June Sprints June 25-26 of 2005. I pretty sure the fee is $50.00 tickets are about $25 a person. So if your interested you only need to let me know and I can get you hotel info and track directions. Road America has a websight if you want more info, its www.roadamerica.com

Make your plans soon. Thanks and hope to see everyone there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
I think a get together in that area would be great.  Maybe a race day to watch.!!

im 16 yrs old and just got my 04 red ss. i just wanted to know where you got your cool hood from and how much was it.

This is better left for PM's on this board.. so back on topic.. anyone know a good date to head up there for a race.. I know they have some good SCCA racing coming up there in july I belive.. and the Lemans series is up there this summer too!!!!!

Here is a scedule of whats happening at Road America.

June 2-5 AMA Superbike Doubleheader

June 23-26 SCCA June Sprints

July 14-17 Brian Redman Int Challenge

August 5-7 Ferrari Challenge

AUgust 18-21 Road America 500 ( American lemans Series)

Sept. 16-18 Elkhart lake Vintage Festival

I was thinking either the June sprints, Ferrari Challenge, or Road America 500

Road America 500 is a neat have been to it the last 5 years Sunday is the best.

I guess if anyone wants to meet there for a race day we could get something going?

I live about 4 miles from the track so if you need any info pm or post here.

On July 14-17th I will be up there anyway with our chicago based car club, we have 8 members going up there to show our cars/trucks for that weekend. So lets shoot for it then!!!!!!!!

MY VOTE IS IN JULY 14-17th!!!!!!!

Archived