New custom sub box

BLNAWAY

each chamber is 1.2cuft idk forsure what its tuned at id say close to 33-35hz. for the sd the reason I went with the sd is cause there rated the same as sa but require alot less space,there for. Can run in my truck with out loosing my back seat and I can get em dirt cheap as my cousin in sponsored by sundown audio

The sd are rated at 500rms but I've seen n heard people push close to 1000 to em no problem and once I get the other sub their guna be wired together down to .5ohm they should be plenty loud I'm not building for a comp just sum thing to bump daily

Have never heard of a SD living on 1k, an SA yes 1500+ but never a SD. What's amp were used? Not saying I don't believe you just curious because the SD is a 2 inch cool and Sundowns coils don't like heat and I still have my backseat well did with that box its 2/3rds gone now for room for the 15s Edited by Brunswicks SS (see edit history)

Have never heard of a SD living on 1k, an SA yes 1500+ but never a SD. What's amp were used? Not saying I don't believe you just curious because the SD is a 2 inch cool and Sundowns coils don't like heat and I still have my backseat well did with that box its 2/3rds gone now for room for the 15s

the set up I've seen was 4 sd-2 12s on 2 Memphis mclass 1500.1

My other sub came in today so did a lil work with the system, installed the sub both are currently wired to 1ohm still guna b dropped to .5ohm also installed a 0 gauge wire kit deffentaly a improvement in wiring lol...getting closer to being done

Subs and amp installed still gota make a new plate for the amp and fabric

2013-09-19_09-14-57_415_zpsdb172596.jpg

0gauge wire

2013-09-19_15-59-54_36_zpsebba7c05.jpg

2013-09-19_16-00-04_698_zpse4225904.jpg

New n old (big diff lol)

2013-09-19_16-49-26_13_zps8265e5b7.jpg

Ill be surprised if that pioneer amp holds .5ohm. If it does, its gonna get super hot and probably won't last long. Wire the subs to 4 ohm and that will put the amp seeing a 2ohm load. Much happier amp amd better quality sound in most cases. That box looks good! And sundown is great stuff

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

Ill be surprised if that pioneer amp holds .5ohm. If it does, its gonna get super hot and probably won't last long. Wire the subs to 4 ohm and that will put the amp seeing a 2ohm load. Much happier amp amd better quality sound in most cases. That box looks good! And sundown is great stuff

im not running the pioneer, that's up for sale,I bought a digtal designs amp [email protected] v and max output 2200.1@14v this amp will handle a .5 no sweat it has 0 gauge terminal on it for power and ground, the amp is in my most recent pics posted Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Oh!!! Haha, sorry about that. I was confused about the amps. I've been up for about 30hrs with work. I bet its gonna sound good!

damn long days....ya pretty much went from just new box to basicly whole system up grade beside the radio lol o well

Closer pics of amp

photo_zpsd113adbb.jpg

image_zps4e699d84.jpg

image_zps133d0f82.jpg

Yea those amps are nice. Your head unit is stock?

nope kenwood double din with navi,that was the first thing I put in the truck had it lil over yr n half and the navi hasn't let me down yet Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Yea those amps are nice. Your head unit is stock?nope kenwood double din with navi,that was the first thing I put in the truck had it lil over yr n half and the navi hasn't let me down yet

Nice! Yea I like Kenwood. Especially their double din units. I worked at a few car audio places and everyone loves kenwood. I traded a junk postol for a Eclipse double din with nav, bluetooth, and backup camera a while back. Now granted I've never been a fan of Eclipse, I did it because the unit sells for $1600. Should have followed my instinct because i think Jensen makes a better unit than this Eclipse. I went to school in orlando and got certified through the mobile electronics installation certification program a while back and I have sworn by pioneers units since then, but man, pioneer is getting cheapo with the new head units.

Nice! Yea I like Kenwood. Especially their double din units. I worked at a few car audio places and everyone loves kenwood. I traded a junk postol for a Eclipse double din with nav, bluetooth, and backup camera a while back. Now granted I've never been a fan of Eclipse, I did it because the unit sells for $1600. Should have followed my instinct because i think Jensen makes a better unit than this Eclipse. I went to school in orlando and got certified through the mobile electronics installation certification program a while back and I have sworn by pioneers units since then, but man, pioneer is getting cheapo with the new head units.

ya I loved the old pioneer head units but I have to agree with you the new ones are junk, I've always had pioneer and alpine in the past this is my first kenwood I've never liked there single din cd plays onl the double din my model is the dnx6180 has all the features, navi,sat,watch movies,pandora,backup camara n more was over 1100$ new

Sound good, a little hard to tell on my iPad as it couldn't hit the lows. My mirror fell off in my Acura from too much bump.

ya some of the super low notes you can see the glass wave like if you watch the sticker on my windshield .... It's always hard to post a good bass vid