Interior color changes, has anybody done it before?

Wasn't sure where to put this topic since there really isn't an interior topic.

So now that my truck has a black and white theme on the outside I have been thinking of changing all the leather to black and painting the plastic trim, door panels etc to black with some grey. My whole plan with this truck is to make it look like it came that way from factory. I think it would really match the paint job. Now just wondering if anybody else has changed up their interior and if they have any ideas or advice.

I previously thought about changing my interior color to black on my SS but never did. I would also recommend changing the headliner.

If your going to be painting any interior trim another color, dont just use plain old spray paints. Make sure you buy a good Vinyl Dye like SEM classic Coat. Regualr spray paint will look cheap and could chip and flake, but the SEM classic coat will make it look just like factory.

For the leather, the best place I have seen that can do anything you can imagine as far as sueds inserts, custom piping, and stitching and real plush soft leather that will last forever without cracking peeling like the GM Pleather is Katskinz. Its not the cheapest stuff, but you pay for quality that will last a lifetime. there website even offers you to custom make your own look with there program which is always nice.

For the leather, the best place I have seen that can do anything you can imagine as far as sueds inserts, custom piping, and stitching and real plush soft leather that will last forever without cracking peeling like the GM Pleather is Katskinz. Its not the cheapest stuff, but you pay for quality that will last a lifetime. there website even offers you to custom make your own look with there program which is always nice.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Dude post pics of your truck!

I posted some in the " I'm painting my SS " topic. I will take more after she gets cut and buffed with emblems installed.

I previously thought about changing my interior color to black on my SS but never did. I would also recommend changing the headliner.

If your going to be painting any interior trim another color, dont just use plain old spray paints. Make sure you buy a good Vinyl Dye like SEM classic Coat. Regualr spray paint will look cheap and could chip and flake, but the SEM classic coat will make it look just like factory.

I don't like doing cheap work, if I don't have the money I'll wait till I do. Thanks for the recommendation.

I change the dash bezel to the Denali one. And going to change the headlinner to suede

Headliner in suede was what I was thinking of doing also.

I like the black and the red on the center console but doing the lil pieces here and there that are all By them self like on the door panel and above the fuse panel and the oh $hit bar look like a$$ . Just my opinion of course but I think it could look cool if you kept it a lil more uniformed and not so mini trucker looking. Kinda like when people put chrome gas doors on lol.

I like the black and the red on the center console but doing the lil pieces here and there that are all By them self like on the door panel and above the fuse panel and the oh $hit bar look like a$$ . Just my opinion of course but I think it could look cool if you kept it a lil more uniformed and not so mini trucker looking. Kinda like when people put chrome gas doors on lol.

I agree. I think the dash bezel, console trim, and window control trim looks good in red, but I think if you paint too many extra parts it can look a little cheesey.

The fuse panel,speaker cover, the bar are black. I painted them cause a friend of mine wanted to see the outcome and then we swapped pieces. Yes it was to much red for me, but if he didnt like it I would of just resprayed them black myself. Only thing red is the center consol, airvents on the dash the bezel and the window control are red.

I like what you did there.

I'm thinking of going all black and leaving some of the grey, to make it look like it came that way from a Chevy dealer. I've been looking up photos of trucks that came stock with black interiors as a guide. Just not sure if I want to do the SS stitching on the headrest white or leave them grey.