Live street tune or mail tune ??

Mcinalli123

Had a Mail order tune and then got a 'Street Tune'

IMO, a street tune is better due to the fact that the tuner is mapping exactlly what your truck is doing and can adjust/set things from there (then it depends on how 'well' you tuner knows tuning. The guy that did my street tune knew who had tuned my mail-order tune with-out me even saying.

your tune will only be as good as your tuner no matter if its mail order or live tune . be picky when you choose a tuner and make sure they have experience tuning with the goals you want to meet and modifications you have . some tuners are great at tuning N/A and suck at F/I. IMO look around and see who is tuning whos truck , see where that person is with there truck and if they are happy with it.

I don't live anywhere near a tuner, started out with just a few lightweight mods and so went with a long distance Zippy tune.

No complaints at all. Zippy knows these truck well and knows the effects of various mods.

I am gathering parts for further mods and will continue to go with Zippy, Might go to e-mailing data to him at some point to fine tune the tune.

If I wind up going big with mods I'll try to get the truck to the tuner.

your tune will only be as good as your tuner no matter if its mail order or live tune . be picky when you choose a tuner and make sure they have experience tuning with the goals you want to meet and modifications you have . some tuners are great at tuning N/A and suck at F/I. IMO look around and see who is tuning whos truck , see where that person is with there truck and if they are happy with it.

Who do you recommend ? For a n/a mail tune

I don't live anywhere near a tuner, started out with just a few lightweight mods and so went with a long distance Zippy tune.

No complaints at all. Zippy knows these truck well and knows the effects of various mods.

I am gathering parts for further mods and will continue to go with Zippy, Might go to e-mailing data to him at some point to fine tune the tune.

If I wind up going big with mods I'll try to get the truck to the tuner.

X2 I don't have a tuner near me so I personally went with a mail order from a vendor on here. Kelleyperformance deffentaly woke the truck up

I dont agree, A live tune the tuner can see what is going on at the exact rpm, air intake temps etc, where as a live tune only goes off of a baseline for the mods you have. You will never get the tune spot on without knowing what IATS are at fuel trim, etc. Im not saying mail order tuners dont know what they are doing, but you will never get spot on without doing the on the road tunes. Since every vehicle is different and acts differently even with the same mods, the street tune will make up for those calculations that a mail order cannot know what the computer will want or not want.