Live street tune or mail tune ??

Mcinalli123

Street tune from slowhawk performance in bridgewater mass Ls motors is all they work on cant go wrong for you mass guys also check out his YouTube video under slowhawk performance he's got 2 videos in his red trans am with the biggest turbo I've ever seen in my life one doing the 1/4 mile in 8.45 sec at 166 mph breaking his own record of 8.55

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

get in touch with Andrew @ http://www.completestreetperformance.com he has really competitive pricing. I had a tune done by him 2 years ago and was spot on. Hes right outside West Chester University. Should be Pretty local for ya

I live in delaware county pa 35 min away fr

Who do you recommend ? For a n/a mail tune

i would recommend zippy for n/a or f/i .

I dont agree, A live tune the tuner can see what is going on at the exact rpm, air intake temps etc, where as a live tune only goes off of a baseline for the mods you have. You will never get the tune spot on without knowing what IATS are at fuel trim, etc. Im not saying mail order tuners dont know what they are doing, but you will never get spot on without doing the on the road tunes. Since every vehicle is different and acts differently even with the same mods, the street tune will make up for those calculations that a mail order cannot know what the computer will want or not want.

ok i should have been a lil more clear but i still believe your tune is only as good as your tuner . with that said sending a pcm off to get written to is by far the worst way of doing it but is OK for light mods (INTAKE, EXHAUST,HEADERS ,ETC...). when i say mail order tune i also include logging the info via HPT or EFI weather it be with a lap top or those lil data loggers that you send off via email or mail to your tuner. i personally log with HPT and send my logs via email to zippy and he makes the changes and emails me back a file i can up load , i still consider this mail order tune. this method is highly effective and works good and would recommend this method with zippy over a local tuner that says hes a pro because he has a dyno and has been doing it for years . i have had 3 different tuners tune my truck and i couldnt believe the difference it made when the REAL tuner got his hands on it if i remember right (it was a while ago) the truck was running 13.5 and with the real tuners tune it ran 12.7 with no other changes. needless to say i have never looked back and im a believer of MAIL order tunes if done this way.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

I live in delaware county pa 35 min away fr

there you go nice and close to you. 570-250-2547 that was his number last time i checked. Hes lsx platform only mostly gto's and corvettes but hes done quite a few trucks as well...

I've used Justin with blackbear using an autocal and he pretty much got it dialed in. There's nothing wrong with doing mail order tunes this way. Im going to use Zippy this time and using HPT to log the data for him. Plus with using a supporting vendor on the site and hearing everyone talk about how good he is you will know your getting a quality tune.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a blackbear mail order tune. At first I only had an intake and electric fan conversion. I then added headers and a shift kit and got it re-tuned for no charge (+ shipping)

I'm sure a live tune would be better, but for such light mods, will you really see a big difference? Probably not.