HP Tuners southern Louisiana/Mississippi?

gcosse05

Franklinton, La.

I think I'm about to just buy hp tuners so I can let Zippy do it and sent it to me. Juat my idle is off. Idles good u till I put in gear and let off brake. Then it tries to drive itself lol. Tuning 102mm throttle bodies is tough from what I hear

Geez. LOL. I figured you may have been closer.

Not a bad investment. I see it used once in a while for a decent price, usually with credits.

Make sure to buy the professional so you can datalog and he can make more precise adjustments. I'm going to guess and say you are datalogging now?

No, I'm wanting to do that. My build is done, well the motor is anyway.. transmission, converter, stall, and possibly nitrous coming next month, and I don't want to use anyone but zippy. So I might as well buy it. I'd love to learn how to use it.

There are some instructional dvds you can buy and watch. I hear they're pretty good. Basic and advanced tuning.

On another note, save yourself some money (instead of buying hptuners then paying someone to tune your truck) have you looked at any local options for tuning? (Nothing against Zippy. I've read all good things about his tunes)

You have several of the best tuners within a short drive. Even a guy who helped develop HPT.

Edited by Grocery Getter (see edit history)

The only local guy I know of is Geoff in Baton Rouge. Zippy has done my tune for my build, and also tuned my truck before my build. I've spent countless hours on the phone, email, txting with him. He has been more than helpful. I'd love to go local... but I'm not paying somebody the same amount of money for a tune, as the cost of hptuners.. local or not. Ill get HPtuners, data log, and send to zippy. I won't say how much, but I was told just to tune my idle, touch nothing else, just idle, was more that hp tuners would cost me to buy. And he raved how he could fix it in 5 minutes. Yea local is great, but making appt., trailering the truck, all that bs, just to spend a butt load of money, not worth it imo.

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

Ok on the first part, you've got a lot of time inferred with zippy, I understand that.

The second part, I have no idea who you spoke with, but they have lost there mind. A $600-700 tune? NEVER!

You might as well buy HPT and datalog. Unless you get a dyno tune.

Ok on the first part, you've got a lot of time inferred with zippy, I understand that.

The second part, I have no idea who you spoke with, but they have lost there mind. A $600-700 tune? NEVER!

You might as well buy HPT and datalog. Unless you get a dyno tune.

the price I got was $480 just to do the "5 min job" of tuning my idle. I think not lol. Zippy will do it for free being as he did my tune. I'm not sure where they have an AWD dyno. I heard that nola motorsports had one but can't ever get em on the phone

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)