4/6 suspension/shock issue

ThatTallCanadian

So I am once again in need of advice from a suspension guru/drop guru.

My trucks in the body shop and I just noticed a "problem" of sorts.

I have a 4/6 drop using a flip kit for the rear. The kit I bought from Norcal, came with shock mount extender bracket things for the rear shocks. I assume this was because of the position of the relocated axle changing the angle of the shocks and such. I have belltech street perf shocks.

Now my ride has been crap for a while, the rear has always been slamming over bumps and such, i always attributed this to being low. I bought belltech helper bags to try to help the ride, not much changed with em. I noticed a squeak over bumps and could never find it, finally found it with these extender mounts. The mount itself pivots and swings over bumps instead of the shock compressing, so the shocks are practically doing nothing at all.

Now I have NOT tried tightening up the bolts yet on the extender mount but I have a suspicion that isn't the issue.

My question is, can I simply weld the mount in place to prevent it from moving further or can I just mount the shocks to the stock bracker on the axle even being flipped?

Video for reference.

WlCNIsw2RVU

if you never plan to bring it to stock or get rid of the extenders go for it. Ive already had people hit stuff on freeway that tweaked the heck ouf of the extender where they just opted to get new ones. If you weld it on gonna have to grind it all off and reweld new one on. IF you dont care then go for it

yeah I'll probably just go for it and weld it up. No sense in ****ing around with it. the trucks got a notch lol ain't no way it'll ever go back to stock at this point. Grinding off a weld really isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things I guess. I just was curious to know if that would fix the issue.