Fast intake and tbss 90 mm throttle body?

So would i be better off selling my ls2 87mm intake and going with the ls3 90mm? I'm gather all of the components for the tbss intake swap. I have the newest x-link and evap solenoid. But I sure dont want to have the reduced engine power problem. And i wouldnt mind the extra 3mm

If your talking about the intake itself, then I think what your referring to as the ls2 87mm intake is the TBSS/NNBS intake. But that intake works if your truck, the ls3 intake would have different head ports and plus its a car intake, now the ls2 intake could work but idk if it these trucks would benefit from it.

If you have the newest x link then *don't* worry about the TB issue unless of course you run into any issues. When I spoke to Grant @ TRP he says he worked the bugs out on the newest 4.0 version to work well with the 87mm truck and ls3/ls7 gold blade TB's, as most people were buying these TB's for the cost vs the more expensive LS2 silver blade reverse opening TB's.

Edited by BLOWN SS/T (see edit history)

If your talking about the intake itself, then I think what your referring to as the ls2 87mm intake is the TBSS/NNBS intake. But that intake works if your truck, the ls3 intake would have different head ports and plus its a car intake, now the ls2 intake could work but idk if it these trucks would benefit from it.

If you have the newest x link then worry about the TB issue unless of course you run into any issues. When I spoke to Grant @ TRP he says he worked the bugs out on the newest 4.0 version to work well with the 87mm truck and ls3/ls7 gold blade TB's, as most people were buying these TB's for the cost vs the more expensive LS2 silver blade reverse opening TB's.

Yeah i meant i have the tbss intake with its ls2 TB. I'm taking about using the ls3 TB with the newest xlink on the tbss intake, can expect any issues?

Edited by NipRing (see edit history)

Yeah i meant i have the tbss intake with its ls2 TB. I'm taking about using the ls3 TB with the newest xlink on the tbss intake, can expect any issues?

Oops meant don't lol fixed the post

If the TB you posted fs is the one your referring to an ls2, I think those are better known as the nnbs 87mm TB or tbss TB it's an 87mm, the ls3 would the car style with a gold blade at 90mm.

You can run either one of those TB's.

I have an ls2 silver blade and new x link just got a chance to drive the truck a few minutes ago for 10 mins but didn't have any issues only time will tell.

Ok, looking at those pictures I understand the concept. But there could be a bit better info on his website explaining why someone would need it. What price neighborhood are we talking?