RCSB AWD TH400?

Hey guys so i have a few questions about a drivetrain im setting up for my Street/Strip/Grudge truck. The Body/frame is an 01 RCSB the rear diff housing is the stock 10 bolt and the front diff housing is from an escalade however the gears have been swapped in both to 3.42's and the rear has a Auburn locker and Moser Axles. the front diff is rebuilt but otherwise stock. i also have the NV149 Transfer case which i plan to mate to the TH400 i want to run, they make the th400 to 6 bolt 27 spline transfer case adaptor i just wanted to see if anyone has run a th400 in their truck before i dont care about driveshaft length im going to have two custom shafts made anyways, also my motor should make 700ish flywheel so will the stock T Case and front Diff take close to 650 for an extended period of time? the motor is a t76 turbo 5.3l with the th400 3700 stall im not planning on running a transbrake so that should take some stress off the driveloine but i am running 305 75 r22 wheels

I have been running a 6.0 with a t76 for over 5 years now and the one thing I have never had a problem with was the transfer case. There has been more than one person to put over 1k through the 149.

Edit- and I have been running 305/45 22's since the start of my build.

Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

I have been running a 6.0 with a t76 for over 5 years now and the one thing I have never had a problem with was the transfer case. There has been more than one person to put over 1k through the 149. Edit- and I have been running 305/45 22's since the start of my build.

And you've never fried the viscous coupling? I'm on my second transfer case, I smoked the viscous coupling in the second case on day #3....

Mr. P.

And you've never fried the viscous coupling? I'm on my second transfer case, I smoked the viscous coupling in the second case on day #3....

Mr. P.

I have over 45k miles on this motor with the front mount turbo on it now. I have never had any kind of a hiccup from my t-case. I have blown 4 transmissions. I have only made about 8-10 passes at the track with the truck, but it gets beat on pretty hard when I am driving it. I have changed the fluid in it everytime I have done a tranny swap and that has been about it.

edit-maybe my turbo comes on differently than the blower with less torque? I leave the line brake spooled with a few pounds of boost.

Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

Then I need to find the adaptor to go from 80e to nv149 I may just need to get the ouput shaft and housing since time2kill isn't making the input shafts any more

Have you talked to him? I think he can get them made up if you send him a stock shaft or something like that. I can't remember.