Heater problems

Akslowroller

Well like stated I am having issues with my heater. When I start my truck and let it idle it will get all the way to normal temp. However it doesn't blow heat until I drive. The coolant level in the tank is full. It doesn't overheat. So I don't think it's a coolant issue. Any ideas?? Please help its cold in alaska. Lol

I don't think it would be your heater core. But I would warm the truck up and carefully touch both lines coming out of the firewall from the heater core. They should be pretty close to equally warm. That would tell you if you had a clogged core.

I am going to guess that your blend door is not going to full heat.

Agree with the heater core being backed up. Flush the heater core out. My wifes car would have the same symptoms but get little to no heat unless you were under throttle.

If you have a air compressor at your disposal it will work wonders.

What you will need.....

CLR

Water

Compressed air if you have it.

How to do it.

Dis connect both heater core hoses.

Pour CLR into the heater core hose that returns coolant until CLR starts to come out.

Let it sit for 20 minutes.

Grab your compressed air and blow the line out so you are back flushing the system. Have the other heater hose inside a jug. Watch all the crap come out. Flush with water until it comes out clear. Replace heater hoses, and you will have heat like you wouldnt believe.

• 2 months later...

Felt the heater hoses. They were definitely different temps. One side was hot the other side cold. So I guess Ineed to flush that heater core

Keep us posted as to how this project goes.

:pop:

Well decided to do an entire coolant flush. Put some CLR in it let it run for 15 minutes and drained the entire system ran water through it a few times and then flushed the heater core as well. Problem solved and have kick ass warm heat. Thanks for the advice and to Mid12sss for the help. As I had a broken hand, and he's a good guy and pretty much did it for me.

Well decided to do an entire coolant flush. Put some CLR in it let it run for 15 minutes and drained the entire system ran water through it a few times and then flushed the heater core as well. Problem solved and have kick ass warm heat. Thanks for the advice and to Mid12sss for the help. As I had a broken hand, and he's a good guy and pretty much did it for me.

Fixed is good. :thumbsup: