I need new brakes, want new rotors too... Ideas?

Black Beast

http://ssbrakes.com/i-10093030-rotor-14-rotor-caliper-relocation-kit.html

I run the front and rear big brake kit from them. I am very pleased with the quality. Still look like new with over a year of use on them.

Slotted rotors with Ceramic pads and I have literally no brake dust, and no fade in the brakes either. Do not go with drilled and slotted rotors.

Yea, I've looked at it, dont want to spend thousands on it though... I have rear drums and would love 4 wheel Disc, but then again, not looking to spend thousands.

Looking for a upgrade in brakes, without "braking" the bank... Pun intended

http://ssbrakes.com/i-10093030-rotor-14-rotor-caliper-relocation-kit.html

I run the front and rear big brake kit from them. I am very pleased with the quality. Still look like new with over a year of use on them.

Slotted rotors with Ceramic pads and I have literally no brake dust, and no fade in the brakes either. Do not go with drilled and slotted rotors.

Why do you say not to go with drilled and slotted? I am curious because that's what I was thinking about getting.

Why do you say not to go with drilled and slotted? I am curious because that's what I was thinking about getting.

The drilled and slotted are more prone to cracking and chew up pads and in return causes the rotors to gouge. I have some pics of my last set of drilled and slotted rotors with less than 12k on them.

Sinr, did you use the included pads from ssbc? I just orderd that kit a few days ago... FYI rotors are not in stock and will not be a available till the end of the month...

My kit didn't include the pads. I went with the big rotor upgrade that includes the 14" front and rear rotors and the caliper relocation brackets.

http://ssbrakes.com/i-10092703-rotor-14-rotor-caliper-relocation-kit.html

I already had lifetime replacement ceramic pads on the front and rear so I thought i'd try them out and see if they were good. I am pleased with the setup for sure.

Also my rotors weren't in stock either when I ordered them. The kit was drop shipped from SSBC with a manufacture date of 3 days prior to receiving them. And it only took 5 days from the order date to get them in total.

Sinr, glad to hear your happy with the set up, do the rotors make noise when braking like some slotted or cross drilled rotors often make? Where did you get lifetime pads from! I'm down with that, I usually run oem but as I'm sure you know they can be alittle pricy

I like how only the caliper itself is red, lookn good!

The pads are from the parts store. I will be painting and powder coating the whole suspension this year so the flaking caliper paint and chipped frame coating will be gone.

And no noise at all with the rotors.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

Yea, I've looked at it, dont want to spend thousands on it though... I have rear drums and would love 4 wheel Disc, but then again, not looking to spend thousands.

Looking for a upgrade in brakes, without "braking" the bank... Pun intended

With all that T-shirt and hoodie money you just received, I figured you'd be rolling around with a new set of Brembos. :jester: ha kidding of course