01 RCSB built 6.0 80e Turbo AWD

mechanix565

So I guess what ill do is post the list of what I have already and what I'm going to get as well as my power goals and you guys can let me know what you think

-Motor

6.0 block and crank

Block honed .005

Crank turned .010

Scat 6.125 h beam rods w arp 2000 bolts

Weisco +12cc .927 pin forged pistons

Custom grind 224/228 .585/.590 115 LSA

Comp beehives .600 max

Arp head and main studs

Comp chromoly pushrods

317 casting heads resurfaced .005

Edelbrock Vic jr intake with elbow w. rails

Ebay 102mm Tb

Siemens deka 80# injectors

Twin walbro 255 in tank pumps

-8an feed

Trans

02 4l85e

Rev max 3800 stall converter rated at 1000hp

Alto clutches and band

Stage 2 shift kit

All new electronics

Rated at 1000hp

Nv149 transfer case (still need to have the adaptor made)

Front and rear diffs are stock as of now idk what my plans are there yet I have the escalade front diff and the g80 locker but I need something better

S480 turbo with billet 11 blade compressor wheel

1.32 AR exhaust 95.7mm exhaust turbine

3" intercooler piping

Aem meth injection

eBay 31x12x3 intercooler

AEM wideband

Tial 44mm MVR

Hks ssqv 4 blow off valve

Power goals I'm hoping for 850 to 900 all wheel horsepower then ill detune it to 750ish for street driving

Any input what would you guys do differently

So I guess what ill do is post the list of what I have already and what I'm going to get as well as my power goals and you guys can let me know what you think

-Motor
6.0 block and crank
Block honed .005
Crank turned .010

LS9 Head Gaskets
Scat 6.125 h beam rods w arp 2000 bolts
Weisco +12cc .927 pin forged pistons
Custom grind 224/228 .585/.590 115 LSA
Comp beehives .600 max I would invest in a bit better spring.... 918s dont last long and are rather weak when you push them.
Arp head and main studs
Comp chromoly pushrods
317 casting heads resurfaced .005 I would also have a valve job done at the same time
Edelbrock Vic jr intake with elbow w. rails I would look into the Holley Intake or the Super Vic
Ebay 102mm Tb Not so sure I would buy anything no name on ebay for a build like this
Siemens deka 80# injectors At the power level you are wanting to run these injectors seem small
Twin walbro 255 in tank pumps Same as above
-8an feed

Trans
02 4l80e
Rev max 3800 stall converter rated at 1000hp Questionable converter choice with mixed reviews. I would look into other options
Alto clutches and band

300M intermediate and input shafts
Stage 2 shift kit
All new electronics
Rated at 1000hp

Nv149 transfer case (still need to have the adaptor made)

Front and rear diffs are stock as of now idk what my plans are there yet I have the escalade front diff and the g80 locker but I need something better The rear needs to be changed if you want it to live I personally like the True Trac carriers

S480 turbo with billet 11 blade compressor wheel
1.32 AR exhaust 95.7mm exhaust turbine

3" intercooler piping
Aem meth injection
eBay 31x12x3 intercooler
AEM wideband
Tial 44mm MVR
Hks ssqv 4 blow off valve

Power goals I'm hoping for 850 to 900 all wheel horsepower then ill detune it to 750ish for street driving

Any input what would you guys do differently

I just scanned your list and added my thoughts but that doesn't mean they are exactly what you should do.... just things I would address if it were my build

Pretty much the same feelings as what Danny said. I would also change the pistons to a dish piston with some vertical gas ports to help with sealing the rings under boost. I would also look into a smaller exh housing on the turbo. Somewhere in the 1.00-1.10 area. I would also have a new cam speced out for this setup for sure.

Pretty much the same feelings as what Danny said. I would also change the pistons to a dish piston with some vertical gas ports to help with sealing the rings under boost. I would also look into a smaller exh housing on the turbo. Somewhere in the 1.00-1.10 area. I would also have a new cam speced out for this setup for sure.

This ^^

Unless you are going to be turning high rpms, I think that sin98 hit is on the head for the exh .ar

And what compression are you planning? And what levels of boost?

well guys plans changed today I grabbed a set of brand new l92 heads off a buddy of mine so im gonna try and fit them in this somehow lol

you think the cam I already bought will work well with them or am I gonna need to get another cam specd? and honestly I already have one on3 76mm turbo I could just grab a second one and a second wastegate and run twins they are t4 .96 ar or will that be too laggy? I think the .96 t4 will choke a 6.0 up top, I didn't buy springs yet so ill get a set of lunati dual springs with retainers.

well guys plans changed today I grabbed a set of brand new l92 heads off a buddy of mine so im gonna try and fit them in this somehow lol

you think the cam I already bought will work well with them or am I gonna need to get another cam specd? and honestly I already have one on3 76mm turbo I could just grab a second one and a second wastegate and run twins they are t4 .96 ar or will that be too laggy? I think the .96 t4 will choke a 6.0 up top, I didn't buy springs yet so ill get a set of lunati dual springs with retainers.

I am not good with the cam choice, there is much more knowledgeable people for that. But your on3 turbo is the exact spec that my master power turbo is. Including the exhaust size. I have been running it for many years and it makes good power. depending on what you are trying to achieve, that turbo will work great! My low compression and fairly low boost (12-13psi) makes pretty good power, with just p&p and valve job 317 heads, and an ls6 cam. I know my cam is my greatest down fall at the moment but the truck runs great and is very reliable.

No, you wont get 8-900 hp out of that one turbo. And if you do go with the twins, you will need to address your idea on the fuel pumps. I don't think that 2 255 walbros will be enough.

I would go with a PAC 1521 Spring set. Go straight with the guys that make them instead of a re-branded set from Lunati.

I won't answer questions on Turbos as it isn't something I have put a lot of time in... I'm a blower and nitrous guy.

Oh and make sure you replace the crappy trunions on the factory rockers!

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

I would go with a PAC 1521 Spring set. Go straight with the guys that make them instead of a re-branded set from Lunati.

I won't answer questions on Turbos as it isn't something I have put a lot of time in... I'm a blower and nitrous guy.

yet, you still know more than most.

sim

I already bought the trunk on upgrade a d honestly if I can hit 750 I'd be more than happy

I think 750 is plenty doable. Just build it right. My setup is no where near 750 I don't think, and it is a VERY simple build. You could easily get more out of it all. I should have my turbo turned up around 18 psi I think. Then it would be up there where your looking for.

Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

That setup changes a lot now. Forget about the vic jr intake, the cam you already have, and if you already have the trunions on the stock rockers with the non-offset then you will need a new set of trunions. If you don't have the rockers for the heads you can use the stock exh rockers you already have but will need the offset intake rockers. If your going to put some springs in it you might as well get the LY6 Inconel exhaust valves since you will be making some high heat in the chambers. On the matter of springs I would look into the BTR dual springs and retainers. They are top notch and are much less than any other spring set in it's class by far.

On the matter of running twins of that size, don't. Way to big on both ends on a stock cubic inch motor and would create way to much heat to be efficient.

Now on to the intake. I am biased on this since I have everything blueprinted for my build and has some similar parts you want and have. I will be running the Holley Hi-Ram with some juice, but the intake for the price, looks, and ability to hold high boost is perfect. Run a good fuel system such as dual walbro 400's or aeromotive 340's and a good boost referenced regulator with some -8 feed and -6 return line.

Also if you aren't running a e-fan I would suggest doing so to simplify the turbo charge piping and keep the IAT's and coolant temp under control.

The cam you already have may cause PTV issues with the +12cc pistons and the L92 heads. Actually i'm almost certain it will. Get the compression down to around 9:1-10:1 with a piston that has valve reliefs in them for these heads already. A -12cc head would be what I would run to get some use out of the intake valve and help keep cylinder pressure high enough to flow through the weak exhaust port of the heads. That is if you will be running 12#'s or more of boost. It will still need a smaller exh housing on the turbo no matter what though.

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)