Finally lowered the SS

Akslowroller

Nice setup. I'll be going with the 2/3 kit (Belltech) from Tony soon. Looks like you had some serious reverse rake going on until you made the drop.

I measured it several times lol and it was 1/2 in lower in the front. But it always looked off to me too. She's set up now though

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 3/4 lowering kit sitting in my garage right now.. It's KILLING me that I don't have the time to install it, and I'll be parking it soon and going drilling in the great white north. Maybe in the spring..

Where are you drilling and for what? I am an exploration driller up here in alaska.

Looks good, I have a 3/4 on my truck too with 305/40/22. Getting the rear hangers with an angle grinder was a b1tch, it's probably why I put off installing the kit on the truck. But wanted to go lower from when I ordered the kit to after I installed and I still feel the same way about it. I really want to do a flip kit with a 1" lift shackle and decrank the front a bit, but having to notch it for an inch is what gets me.

Looks good, I have a 3/4 on my truck too with 305/40/22. Getting the rear hangers with an angle grinder was a b1tch, it's probably why I put off installing the kit on the truck. But wanted to go lower from when I ordered the kit to after I installed and I still feel the same way about it. I really want to do a flip kit with a 1" lift shackle and decrank the front a bit, but having to notch it for an inch is what gets me.

Air chisel is the only way to go man. Took like 20 minutes total to remove the hangers.

One thing you can do if you are only looking for an inch more of clearance is to plate the inside of the frame. You are effectively doubling the beam strength by doing this. You can then notch up to half way through your frame and have it be just as strong.