radio doesnt shut off?

GI.SS

just started having this issue when i open the door and the radio used to turn off, well it stays on now. it comes and goes where it will work as it should then will go away for a while and then come back. could it just be my radio acting up or is there a relay or something that could cause this? all other items shut off and courtesy lights come on when opened. radio just decides to do its own damn thing and stay on.

I have no clue man... I think mines possesed. Thought it might be my GM radio, but got a new one, still does it... It does it sometimes, and sometimes it doesnt. I hate, HATE, electrical issues... This really gets on my nerves...

I'll follow along and see if someone has a better idea than the standard, "replace the door switch" idea...

do you have a diagram of exactly which relay it is? ill switch it with another to see if it fixes it then grab one from the store. Its weird it comes and goes which would make me think relay as well. just wasnt sure exactly which one it was.

Man to be honest I'm not sure. But I would start there. Maybe a google search. There's gotta be a fuse or relay somewhere labeled RAP or Retained Accessory Power that you could check for power after turning key off. Windows and everything still have power after turning key off and opening door? What I mean is does it retain full RAP when it does this, or is it just radio?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

its only the radio..... really has me puzzled. all wires to it are soldered and shrinked. either the radio is going or something in my switched power is jacked up. i thought the ignition switch at first but since everything else turns off it has to be downstream from it. guess its time to bust out the test light and start tracing wires and see what I come up with. yay!

I can give you a hand with this one bud. No need to start poking around with a test light, your wasting your time. The radio is being controlled by the BCM through the serial data line. I assuming you have a stock radio and there's no modifications done. Let's start there before troubleshooting. Also do you have a scan tool and any codes?

aftermarket radio. yes to the scan tool. no to any codes. battery went dead yesterday from im assuming my amp running all night since i have to push the off button but seems the remote wire is still powered on. after I jumped my truck she started working right again. BUT only a matter of time until it goes back to its shenanigans.

Oh! I didn't know it was aftermarket radio!!! You using an OS2 bose? Or some sort of PAC adapter for the bose? Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Exactly, you got it man. The interface is your issue.. You can always go old school and put a relay in for you radio switching tied to the ignition control.

Edited by highvoltamps (see edit history)

Yep. No doubt. Bypass bose and do away with the interface, or wire up a relay real quick for retained accessory power. Sorry lol. Glad we figured that out. I was gonna take my truck apart to try n figure it out lol. Them things are a mess. I remember when I used to work at circuit city installing, them damn things were like $180. I'm picky about wires. I pulled the double din out of my SSS the day after I got it to see what was behind there. Behold the mess

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

post-25370-138243449526_thumb.jpg

yea I dont have BOSE in my truck. but it is some sort of interface i forget which one to retain the door chimes and all that jazz. im gonna look into maybe swapping in another interface or installing the relay you guys are talking about. im guessing (not really electrical savvy here) that I could always intall the relay before the interface so I can still retain the interface but if its acting up, it wont matter because the relay pre interface should eliminate the ability for it to stay on?