Just bought my 05 Silverado SS

JuanSS

Hey guys I just bought my 05 Silverado SS and new to the forums.

Unfortunately my SS didn't come with floor mats or the stock wheels. Does anyone know where I can find these? I am really trying to purchase this ASAP with winter coming I really want to get the stocks on with some nice oversize tires.

Also if anyone can recommend a CAI & Exhaust & Programmer? Or what is good first mod you guys all did to your SS?

Let me know or any advise at all would be very helpful.

Thanks

What's up Juan? Yes you have a few options for the rims:

New ones from stealership, but they will be OEM and very expensive.

Replicas from http://www.factoryreproductions.com/factory/pc/Silverado-1500-SS-c129.htm which I have and have also had OEM and they are identical.

Or Craigslist to find some which can be iffy cuz you don't know their history. But if you can find a good set it's probably the cheapest way to go.

As far as floor mats I'd try ebay.

Next you will have your CAI and tune wars lol, everyone is gonna say their tuner is best and the hand-helds are the worst. So here are your options.

CAI: Air-Raid, K&N, AEM, Volant and Ebay off brand. There have been actul dyno tests done between some of these and the HP difference is within a few which in real life you are not gonna actually feel a few HP different. Now overall will it feel more "alive" yes a little. The name brands do fit better vs. the Ebay brand.

Now tuning, lol, the ultimate question. Do not use a hand-held tuner. Use Zippy, Wheatley, BlackBear or Kelley Performance. Now each of these guys has a different procedure as far as getting tuned.

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

First off Welcome to the Site and congrats on your new purchase.

I would also look inot replicas since they are much cheaper, and then you can find the stock center caps in the future if you want.
Where do you live? do you live somewhere with nasty winters? If so I would recommend rubber mats, you can find them anywhere ebay, stylin trucks, etc....
The first thing performance wise that most people do to their SS's is a CAI, Exhaust and a Custom Tune. A Custom tune will give you a lot more bang for you buck than a handheld programmer. There are several options out there for CAI's such as Volant, K&N. There are also quite a few options on exhaust. Magnaflows seem to be pretty popular, as well as corsa sports, but they are pretty spendy.

@ Bad Ass Silvy - First your screen name is bad ass lol. Also yes I found replicas only bad thing is I don't really like the replicas I really want OEM but stealership says there discontinued and none on Craigslist.

Ebay doesn't have the OEM floor mats either :thumbsdown:

As far as CAI I really like K&N what do you recommend? Exhaust I really like SLP but not sure if they make any for this application what do you recommend? I had a handheld one on my other car worked great so these other ones meaning take it to a tuner correct?

@ diggerdan11 - Thanks! I live in Norther California winter is not bad but I work at a trucking company so pretty dirty I need floor mats period lol. Hard to find these OEM stuff for this truck though.

The truck has magnaflows but not loud enough for me and I don't want straight pipe I want something loud and deep sounding not sure which to go with.

Do you know where I can find OEM floor mats & wheels besides stealership or craigslist or ebay?

welcome! also another owner of a silver birch 05 SSS awd, as badass silvy said, many things to choose from all in personal preferance i personally have a tune from zippy performance and i love it. and as for intake id say go with volant, have heard many good things about them, i have a K&N CAI now

Another tuning option since your in NorCal would be a trip down here to SoCal to meet up with (chpspecial), he can do an actual in person street tune which in essence is best cuz each truck is uniquely different. Remember a mail order tune is one that has "worked" on trucks with same mods, not a dialed in tune specific to your truck.

Where exactly are you located in Nor Cal? I live in Southern Oregon about 15 miles from the border.

If you want HID's stay away from DDM. They are inexpensive but tend to have lots of issues. I have had pretty good luck with The Xenon Supply

http://www.xenonsupply.com/

And I know lots of people who have bought Morimoto HIDs from the Retro Fit Source. they are spendy but may be the best on the market.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=3957

Welcome to the site and congrats, it is going to be hard to find stock 20's just because they are a desirable wheel reps are awesome but if you do decide reps I would get 22s. Lt headers are also a good upgrade many choices here. Have a true dual magnaflow exhaust dumped sounds awesome.

As far as CAI I really like K&N what do you recommend? Exhaust I really like SLP but not sure if they make any for this application what do you recommend?

The truck has magnaflows but not loud enough for me and I don't want straight pipe I want something loud and deep sounding not sure which to go with.

Check B&B (aka Billy Boat) exhaust. Quality is 2nd to none. Nice deep tone.

Any members here running one?

There was one I know, back in 09 when I was looking to buy a replacement SSS that had one. Let me look for his name, it was his zip code starting with 9 and something lol