Tipping on Carry-Out / Take-Out

Stitches040

Ok ...

I know we all Tip when we go out to eat.

That being said ... I was wondering who Tips on Carry-Out / Take-Out ... ???

I was picking up dinner the other night and at the Carry-Out window I noticed that they had a Tip Jar ... I'm like, WTF ... Tipping on carry out?

So I ask you all ... Who Tips on Take-Out ...???

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

I never tip on carry out. They dont go out of there way to make what you order and pay for in the first place. Maybe in a jerk, But I used to tip up to 20% with excellent service. 95% of the time i dont even tip up to 15% as the service in the food industry sucks..... I tip as to how my service is, and of lately I have been tipping at like 8 to 10%. I know these waitresses, and waiters make there money on tips, but then they have to work for it.

It really depend's, but my wife and I don't do a lot of carry out. but we do tend to tip very well. Most waitress's or waiter's around here only make minimum wage so their tips are there bread and butter. I know there is no way I could make it on minimum wage. I have never once not tipped somebody at a sit down restaurant but luckily I have always had pretty good service.

For those of you that don't tip on carry out. Do you tips if you go to a bar and walk up to get your own beer? Do you tip if you at an event that has concession stand?

The only carry-out I ever tip is Starbucks. And that's only because my Starbucks is pretty awesome, they'll give you entire large cups of whipped cream for free on request lol

As for the beers/drinks I usually tip $1 per drink if it's someone I know/like (assuming i'm at a bar just drinking.) If it's crappy service then more like .25c per drink. The trick is to leave the $1+ after every drink so they see it and you wind up getting a lot of "free" stuff extra. Bartenders around here like me, I wind up with a free beer/shot or two any time I go out to certain places lol ;)

As for delivery or eating in I pretty much always tip 20%+ because I know I'd hate my life if that was my job so if I can make someone else's day a little better with a good tip then its a good deal to me.

But I'm also that guy that pays for the old couple eating with military/veteran hats/shirts on so maybe I'm just a big softy!

Walking into Chilis and picking it up myself or at the stadium where shit is overpriced to begin with. NO

54th street where they bring it to the car, Sonic, Etc. Absolutely (is it 20%, no, they aren't maintaining my beverage or taking my plates)

In a restaurant with adequate service, 20% plus; if the service sucks and I cannot even get a refill, mediocre service=mediocre tip

The worst tip I have ever left was 11 cents. It was a Hooters in Mobile, AL. I feel that is worse than no tip. But I was traveling and it was just me. I couldn't get the waitress to come to my table.

On to carry out. If the service is fast and friendly I have no problem tipping 15%

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 4

I always tip 15-20% when I have a decent experience. If I have a terrible experience then I tip 1 penny to make a statement. I have a lot more patients than most people because of my years in the restaurant industry, but every once in a while I have such a bad experience I tip 1 penny and never go back.

I also tip on Delivery, but usually just a couple bucks.

I also rarely tip when I see a tip Jar, because those are there just to guilt someone into tipping. Unless I have an amazing experience I am not going to tip.

Carry out gets like 2$ when they come to my truck and so does the sushi place when I go in and get it to go. No tip on me going in to get it. Always tip according to service while dining in. Up to 20% at the top end.

Sent using Tapatalk. now Free

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)