what is a good set of tires for the 1/4 mile ?

06-super-sport

Cal tracs for sure. I love mine. Don't forget m and h they make some nice tires as well. Key things to remember: a drag radial will be faster on the big end than a slick (less drag) slick will hook harder with minimal effort but a drag radial can produce the same 60ft just with more adjustments an work. The smaller the tire circumference wise will act as if you put a taller set of gears in her. Also the more sidewall you have will take less effort to bite better so running as small of a rim as possible is best. We can fit a 15" rum on the back. Dont listen to those who say you can't. They're wrong. A 15X8 with a 28" mt dr or m and h dr would be your best bet with a set of cal tracs ten add some adjustable shocks and get her loading and unloading jus right. Also a slick or bias ply if not used will develop a flat spot where a dr will hold its shape and air much longer.

Edited by GI.SS (see edit history)

You have drums in the rear being an 06 so go with a 15" wheel. The only issue is finding a wheel with the right offset to not stick out unless you get a factory 15x8 wheel. I wanted to do a 15x10 and the place I was gonna have make the wheel would turn out to be about a 30lb wheel. Too heavy for what I need, and my only other option would be some bogart$. And go with about a 28ish MT ET radial, M&H is good too and there out at the track I race at and I work near there warehouse but I'm still a fan of MT.

My neighbor has some 15" wide mickey street tires and they are expensive decorations for his truck lol. He has a s10 with a vortec 350 with a nast cam and all he does is spin them when he gets on it. Not like he is putting down insane hp.