front door speaker install ?

• 2 weeks later...

The only way I think you would want to run new wires is if you are going to connect your speakers directly to an amp. In that case a slightly bigger diameter wire would be recommended to run from the amp to each speaker. But if you are just replacing the speaker itself then Chevy has already done the hard work for you!!

Crutchfield.com sells adapters that will work with your stock plugs and all you need to do is wire the new speakers to the adapter. Here is a link...

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_12071014/Speaker-Wiring-Harnesses.html?tp=3097

I am guessing you have the stock Bose speakers to begin with correct? If that is the case you will need some 2ohm replacement speakers for them to run off the factory Bose amp. Or you can do away with the whole Bose system and get a good 4ch amp and run a front component set and rear replacements.

I am guessing you have the stock Bose speakers to begin with correct? If that is the case you will need some 2ohm replacement speakers for them to run off the factory Bose amp. Or you can do away with the whole Bose system and get a good 4ch amp and run a front component set and rear replacements.

^^^he hit this spot on... if your just doing a speaker swap THEY NEED TO BE 2OHM speaker

I put an avic x930bt in mine and it helped a lot, but i have to be honest, i really think the crap speakers would benefit from an upgrade. Infinity Kappa has some good 2 ohm speakers, for a good price, image dynamics has some really good replacements but they run qbout 200 a pair. It seems that the only benefit of a bose over stock is just the amp, which the majority of folks end up bypassing and just leave it in the system for retaining chimes and warnings. I havent upgraded anything but the deck and i can can verify what Ryan said, the head unit does make a huge difference, u can dial in the quality of sound a lot better.

Well the amp is junk, I took the door panel off, Pioneer speakers already there but the previous owner cut off the factory speaker plug and i was going to get those plugs that Alejandro mentioned!, Know im stuck !

Your not stuck, just have to wire direct like the guy before you. The adapters are better, just because most people dont prefer to lop off factory harnesses when an adapter is readily available. Do like sinr said and get a head unit if you have better than stock speakers and see if you want to undertake the amp install after that

Edited by Brentd (see edit history)