resonator

cleansss20

Anybody have a part number for a resonator? I don't know which one to get...it can be a cheap one im just trying to get rid of this rasp. Its fine at wide open throttle but around 2k its horrible. It sounds like one of these jacked up 4x4 trucks with straight pipes!! I have the Obx lt headers with a magnaflow di/do muffler. Also does it matter if you put the resonator before or after the muffler. It seems like I read somewhere where it needs to be after the muffler, but I dont know if I have room.

behind would be fine. The no cats are whats causing the issue. The only issue I see with a resonator is after time the packing inside it will burn out and the rasp might come back. Go to Jegs.com or any parts store or muffler shop.

From the glass packs I have heard, they sound horrible. I would go with a different brand.But yes glass packs are resonators. All a resonator is, is a tube with some angled holes cut inside of it. Inside the tube with the holes in is exhaust packing that tries to help the noise. Basically all that is happening is the exhaust gas is going thru hollow end and straight out. They really dont do much.