My new SS

04IndySS

Just picked up a 04 Silverado SS, fully loaded, tow pack, chrome wheels. Two owner and I know the old owner very well, have took care of his peterbilt for 10 years, this was his wifes truck bought it used with 20k miles. Heated garage kept, crazy well maintained.

Think I paid a few bucks to much but knowing the history on it and its in awesome shape I couldn't pass it up just wish I knew they were trading it off before I had to run to the dealer and scoop it up before it was gone.

Bone stock, spray in bed liner and tinted windows, 100k

Just had pads and rotors done front and rear and plugs and wires.

Only thing don't seem to work right is the heated seats, lights up then goes out and the rear window sounds like its open and its not.

Dealer is suppose to check it out later this week.

Wanna upgrade the intake and exhaust and maybe a tuner or chip, need to do some homework.

Install a interface for a iphone or 3.5 aux plug or maybe upgrade the stereo. Happy with Bose stereo so far.

Gonna be my wifes driver mainly cuz I already have 3 toys of my own.

post-25772-0-08771100-1383015285_thumb.jpg

Nice looking truck you found. Congrats. And the seat issue is most likely the hearing element. And the rear window is a common issue. My driver rear is the same way. If you search there is a thread with a fix to this issue. I believe there is mixed stories of success and no change. Might be worth a try if it really bothers you.

Just picked up a 04 Silverado SS, fully loaded, tow pack, chrome wheels. Two owner and I know the old owner very well, have took care of his peterbilt for 10 years, this was his wifes truck bought it used with 20k miles. Heated garage kept, crazy well maintained.

Think I paid a few bucks to much but knowing the history on it and its in awesome shape I couldn't pass it up just wish I knew they were trading it off before I had to run to the dealer and scoop it up before it was gone.

Bone stock, spray in bed liner and tinted windows, 100k

Just had pads and rotors done front and rear and plugs and wires.

Only thing don't seem to work right is the heated seats, lights up then goes out and the rear window sounds like its open and its not.

Dealer is suppose to check it out later this week.

Wanna upgrade the intake and exhaust and maybe a tuner or chip, need to do some homework.

Install a interface for a iphone or 3.5 aux plug or maybe upgrade the stereo. Happy with Bose stereo so far.

Gonna be my wifes driver mainly cuz I already have 3 toys of my own.

If you don't mind how much did you pay for the SSS? And like mentioned above go with one of the tuners on this site- ABSOLUTE no no no no chip...

Nice looking truck you found. Congrats. And the seat issue is most likely the hearing element. And the rear window is a common issue. My driver rear is the same way. If you search there is a thread with a fix to this issue. I believe there is mixed stories of success and no change. Might be worth a try if it really bothers you.

The hearing element confused.gif LOL...

Welcome to the site, and nice find.

Like others said, your heating element in your seat is out and needs to be replaced. The rear window issues is a problem that all Chevy extended cabs in that style have. It was a very poor design. There are a couple fixes that work fairly well but it seems like the only way to completely stop it is to seal them shut.

There is a lot of great info on here about the different intakes and exhausts. Everyone has their own opinion about which is best. One thing that everyone can agree on here is that if you want to have your trucked tuned the best bang for your buck it a custom tune. There are a few members on here that offer that service and are highly respected.

Awesome info, haven't had much time to do much homework. Noticed this morning the trans temp gauge is non-op also. Gotta drop it back by the dealer for a full detail and give them a list of any other issues I found. I had it on our pit last night at the shop and walked it over. Pretty clean has some rust starting on edges everywhere needs undercoated. So it's next on the list. Also notice factory shocks all the way around. At a 100k should prolly replace them I'm guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temp gauge is working fine on its own, guy at the show says it could be a faulty cluster.

As for the seats should I use my work account for new heating elements or is there a better option than OE?

Also did some work to her and to start blacking her out, plasti dip for now but I really like it so paint I come when I have more time. y6e3e4u3.jpgqeradeve.jpgqezuruqy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk