Brake fluid lead and vacuum

Brentd

I haven't read the whole thing but I will toss in my two cents.

My master cylinder was bad on me for some time. Brakes were super squish and I bout replaced everything except thinking it was master cylinder. I had to keep adding brake fluid. It was like a bottle a month LOL. After bleeding the new brakes I put on I started the truck and it was smoking so bad I had to walk away and let it run. The brake fluid was getting into the engine from the booster. I took off the master cylinder to replace it and you could see the leakage on the back of the cylinder. Replaced it and re bled like 10 times and all is fine. Except the fact that I think I got air in my abs...

Sent using Tapatalk.

Yea. My buddy chewed his ass. Te truck was running like ass and his poor parents were trying to put out fires as they would pop up, they changed his entire brake set up from the booster to mc to lines to calipers, then changed the plugs and wires. It was smoking everytime he would start it for the first fifteen or twenty minites, my buddy said it smelled like it was runnning real rich the last time he saw it (the kid is in college at LSU) so he isnt always in town. It finally just went into limp mode, tey were able to drive it to the guy who does my tuning. I seriousely think that it was sippin fluid for a long while and the brake fluid played hell on it.

Got word from the shop, it did drink some brake fluid, they could tell, but for some reason the displacement on demand screwed up and it has a broken lifter, not sure how or why.

The guy that does my tuning is doing it, he runs his own shop working on cars and trucks and does that kinda stuff everyday. Its funny, me and another friend were walking around picking up empty arp boxes and tallying the cost up, the dollar number got real high lol