BOSE RADIO FINALLY FIXED!!!

So as some of you might remember, a little over a year ago I installed a full Bose system into my clone. I hooked everything up after about 6-7 hours of labor, took it too a dealer to get the radio unlocked, and found out the radio and everything was working, picking up stations, ect. but no sound was coming through. After a years worth of research, advice, and a lot of trial-and-error, I found out that there was a Bose technician working at a local Chevrolet dealership. After 2 hours he solved my problem. For some reason, my system needed to be programmed for a Suburban. Don't ask me why. And if anyone knows why, please tell cause I'm curious. But anyway, I HAVE MY TUNES BACK!!! I really love the Bose system! Sounds amazing!

My guess is the outputs for the pillars are what would be the rear of a suburban? The amps are "tuned" for the cabin dimensions i.e. there is a diff amp from extended cab to quad cab to tahoe to suburban. That's my best guess. That's awesome that you got that going. Time for LQ9 lol

I read somewhere that part of the reprogramming involves entering specifics of the donor vehicle to get it to function...

I completely agree with downeast....you my friend are an oak! I have the bose in my truck and it is alright but I definately wouldnt have gone through evrything you have for it. Good job man, glad it worked out for you

• 3 weeks later...

So as some of you might remember, a little over a year ago I installed a full Bose system into my clone. I hooked everything up after about 6-7 hours of labor, took it too a dealer to get the radio unlocked, and found out the radio and everything was working, picking up stations, ect. but no sound was coming through. After a years worth of research, advice, and a lot of trial-and-error, I found out that there was a Bose technician working at a local Chevrolet dealership. After 2 hours he solved my problem. For some reason, my system needed to be programmed for a Suburban. Don't ask me why. And if anyone knows why, please tell cause I'm curious. But anyway, I HAVE MY TUNES BACK!!! I really love the Bose system! Sounds amazing!

Man thats awsome bro!!! took mind to dealers a couple times an no luck I gave up.... Where did you get it done at Pm send Pls

good job bro glad you finally got it solved idk if i coulda went that long messing with it but hard work pays off

My guess is the outputs for the pillars are what would be the rear of a suburban? The amps are "tuned" for the cabin dimensions i.e. there is a diff amp from extended cab to quad cab to tahoe to suburban. That's my best guess. That's awesome that you got that going. Time for LQ9 lol

i would have to guess that this is y ^^^ cause when i had bose issues i swapped amps from another silverado and no programming was needed but i can see it in this case taking a amp from a burban to silverado dose make sense