Members

Brentd

I just wanted to take the time to say that I am extremely happy that I have joined this site. I have been treated very well and any questions I have had have been answered quickly and with understanding. I know it can be difficult for guys who have spent most of their lives perfecting their GearHead pursuits to have to backtrack to the fundamentals that they don't even hesitate on, but some of us really need that fundamental understanding. I feel like I have been treated with amazing patience and sound explanations from some of the guys that are way beyond the little expectations I have for my truck. I think that this site is an amazing asset for us guys that share a common denominator, whether it is an SSS (which i sadly do not own), a LQ9 powered ride (which I do own, VMax woopwoop), an LS motor, or just a passion for (to quote Mr. P) tailoring a truck to fit themselves perfectly. I haven't been on here long but I have already had some great discussions with some people that I now really look up to for their talent (thank you Danny). As a new member I wish to caution other new guys that are joining up, google, google, google. If you can save yourself and some of the senior members some time on simpler things then do it. I also suggest you read the threads, there are a ton and I have immersed myself in topics ranging from LED swaps to builds that I could never afford. Keep an eye on the build threads, just because you don't plan on building a 1/4 mile almost 3 ton demon, doesn't mean you may not find some of the little tricks and tips they find along the way that will help you out. I think the key for us new guys is to show respect to those that could make our lives so much easier. Ask questions, don't be mad if the answer isnt what you wanted to hear, and be ready with all the little details (this is a forum and they are not looking at the issue in front of them) the more details you have, the easier it is for them to help. Well that is my little spill, thank you guys! And for those senior guys that start to get frustrated, stick with us, there are still guys out here that truly value your knowledge!

Brent

It helps tremendously, just tired of this or that cam or this or that head combo convos with my buddies without having anything but half ass research to back it up. It is about time i found the right place with the right people to help me in the correct direction so i can inderstand why it is correct and hopefully one day be able to pass that info on...

And yes danny lol, he was actually the first one to actually get to know me and help me understand what my goals for a N/A build would require, he is helping me out with the best budget friendly direction to go and still be done right. First time someone hasn't said just go fi and be done with it. I want a project not a weekend swap job, and he understood that. Plus a maggie would not help me understand how the stuff below it really works, and that is worth more than the hp to me. I dont like being ignorant about things, i have to put my hands on everything so i really see the forest for the trees. I'm a man, and thats what men do lol

Well I hope I was able to help answer your questions about the drop. I tried to be as specific and clear as possible. And yes you have come to the right place. By far this forum and the people here are unique in a great way. Some of my closest local friends I have made are through meeting others from this site. I have even met out of state members who I have welcomed to my own home that I have never even met before. And in person they live up to their postings.

I always make it a point to try and welcome new people because I understand that they have valid questions and they just really don't know. And there is nothing wrong with that. Always feel welcome to post up even the most basic question. Yes you may get a "search button is in top right corner" reply but most of all people here are willing to help. Willing to offer advice from their trial and errors as to what works or doesn't work. Also the people here are very educated on these trucks. Plus the VHOs and SSS share a similar platform year to year as the SSS.

Glad to have you here.