lq9 with l92 heads?

Hey guys, i've decided to go the L92 head route with intake truck, The heads will have 921 springs, stock valves and stock rocker arms. I plan on going NOS 150 shot in the future. my questions are as follows,
Will i be okay with 7.4 push rods, new lifters?

What cam? my ss is not my DD. im not worry about mpg. no tow
What injectors should i go with as i plan on nos in the future?
What stall?

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Way to many variables to give you all the answers. Springs depend on the cam, push rods depend on what lifters and cam and if you deck the heads. Injectors depend on all the above. First get a cam specd for what you are wanting. Then get the springs to match the cam. You should be OK with some 60# injectors and have some room to grow. Check out my build thread on my parts and specs. It might give you a better idea.

Btw check out the BTR line of products. Top notch quality and low prices.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Stock heads I went with with 7.400" hardened pushrods. Heads block and head gaskets were stock (as far as thickness). For a cam you'll need something with a good amount of split I'm running a 224/228, wishing I went 224/232 or so. Intake side flows amazingly, the exhaust side needs a little extra duration to help evacuate all that exhaust. Like sinr98 said, #60lbs are great and they'll give you lots of room to grow. I'm not too familiar with the 921 springs but I presume you plan on going with a healthy cam, so your shift points will be 6500rpm or higher. That intake valve is big and heavy so a dual spring is just common sense, especially at those high rpms to avoid valve float. Don't expect the L92 head set up to run hard right out of the box. They are FINICKY and require a lot of fine tuning (I picked up .5 seconds in the 1/4 with just a little fine tuning from my initial tune). These heads loooove 3500+ rpms so plan for a nice stall. I have a 3200 and I'm wishing I went a little higher(3400 or 3600), but I'm happy with how it does. What's your plan for nitrous? Wet or dry? Plate kit? I'm contemplating it myself.

Have a can speced out for you. Mine is a 222/230 .629-.629 112+2

There is way more to picking duration, lift, and lsa to have a cam ground. Lobe design, valve events and icl need to be right. Custom grind is the way to go.

save yourself a ton of headache and call brian tooley and have him set you up right. his products are amazing and customer service are top notch. heck he called me back at 8pm to go over my build and spec me a cam.

^^^^Told ya he takes care of his customers.

And like I said before, picking duration, lift, and lsa isn't all that's involved in a cam. They don't have a part number for a custom cam.