Anybody raced a SRT-10 Ram?

gcosse05

Got a buddy just bought one. The 4dr one. He wants to race. I'm TFS 225 heads/228-230 cam/FAST 102/90MM TB/1.8 rockers/zippy tune. I just finished the build and I have not did trans and stall yet. I can't lose to him. Thoughts? His truck is stock.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha you won't lose unless he has a 150 shot. Stock 4 doors are only about 3/4 of a sec faster than a stock SS. I'd run one in a heart beat. If you look on the forums there mid to low 14's every now and then a high 13.

Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)

Hmm... well we shall see tomorrow lol. He wants to bet $. I don't care about the $, but given the circumstances of this particular situation I just can't lose to him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

My SS rolled one hard. I was running 7lbs of boost and loaded it up from a DIG. it wasnt even a race. it looked so slow. No joke you will roll him if he is truly stock. the dude was pissed. we raced for $100.00 because he was running his month on how slow SS were. he is the one who said he only races for money and said he would be glad to take my $100.00 after the race he wanted a another race. I told him for $200.00 I'd race again. he threw the $100.00 bill out the window and drove off.

You'll take him, but make sure you have your tune dialed in a bit better than just the original mail order. Those SRT10s never hook.

I was just going to say. if he loads it up it will blow the tires off. thats what happened to the SRT10 I raced. I hooked even with brake boosting it and launched out of the hole hard.

I was just going to say. if he loads it up it will blow the tires off. thats what happened to the SRT10 I raced. I hooked even with brake boosting it and launched out of the hole hard.

Yeah man there was one at the track here a few monthes ago and the dude couldn't get it to hook. His fastest pass of the night was 15.1.

Yeah man there was one at the track here a few monthes ago and the dude couldn't get it to hook. His fastest pass of the night was 15.1.

wow yeah for what they were new I would have though they would have been faster stock. heck a stock SS was running a hair faster up here.

wow yeah for what they were new I would have though they would have been faster stock. heck a stock SS was running a hair faster up here.

They're a low 14 truck here stock in rcsb form. In ccsb they're a mid 14. My completely stock SSS went 16.1. 2270ft with high humidity usually here so the DA is bad.