Tahoe Fog Light Assembly Removal

Fireman31

Does anybody have knowledge or insight on how the factory fog light assemblies get removed from the OE front bumper on an 07+ NBS Tahoe? I am trying to figure out how to remove them so that I can install hideaway strobe packs. When I pull the fender liner off and look at its mounting point, all I see is a plastic ring with a bunch of odd looking plastic clips attached to it. Anyone know? Thanks!

Fog Lamp Bulb/Housing Replacement
Remove either the LF or RF wheelhouse liner.
Disconnect the electrical bulb socket from the lamp.
From the inside of the front bumper fascia, using a blunt instrument, push outward on the 2 upper mounting studs for the fog lamp.
Using the same blunt instrument, push outward on the lower adjustment screw for the fog lamp.

Disconnect the electrical bulb socket from the lamp.
Aim the fog lamps after the installation of the fog lamps.
Secure the retainer into the front bumper fascia prior to re-installing the fog lamp assembly.
Ensure the lower vertical tab on the retainer aligns with the slot in the front bumper fascia.

Thanks for the instructions. They really aren't even strobes, they are Whelen Vertex LED hideaways. It is virtually impossible to get in this general area with a drill and hole saw with the light assembly in the front bumper, needs to come out.

Where are you guys getting these kits from? And would you need a controller for it?

I have a spare pair of headlights for the SS that I've takes apart to clear out and have had them sitting cuz I swore I was gonna get some kind of strobe kit for them.

Edited by BLOWN SS/T (see edit history)

Where are you guys getting these kits from? And would you need a controller for it?

I have a spare pair of headlights for the SS that I've takes apart to clear out and have had them sitting cuz I swore I was gonna get some kind of strobe kit for them.

I got my kit here..... They are blinding bright. No controller as far as hand held.

http://www.strobesnmore.com/Whelen-Competitor-Series-Strobe-Systems.html

The LED units already have a flasher module in corporated into them. All you need to give them is power from a 12v source, no independent power supply is needed like with old fashioned strobes.

Along with the site listed in the previous post, this one has fast service and competitive pricing also....

www.sirennet.com