Pioneer AVH P 43000 DVD loses all setting when power is lost.

I have a Pioneer AVH P 4300 dvd double din in my truck. I replaced the battery and when the unit came back on, all of my radio stations,Clock, background, color choice and custom EQ settings were all lost and reset. Every other head unit I have had has held the options I chose and never re set themselves. How can I get the head unit to keep my options?

I have searched online and the owners manual didnt really give me a answer.

I think that is pretty normal with most any aftermarket deck, my Alpine forgets everything except the background picture settings when you disconnect power to it as well. The factory Bose radio is the only one I know of that remembers all the presets just loses the time if I remember right.

This isn't normal guys. Gotta have a constant 12v to the yellow wire to retain memory. I've never seen one do it that didn't have something hooked up wrong, fuse blown, or something else.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Edited by gcosse05 (see edit history)

If you changed the battery in the truck, it will lose all settings. There isn't a battery back up in the deck to retain these in memory. As for the stock delco radio, that memory is retained elsewhere and not in the radio. It's normal in every radio I've install in the lass 23 years...