Battery Draining, Speakers Popping

Well I've got a new (used) amp on the way that matches the model number of the one I have. The problem is I haven't figured out how to get the old one all of the way out yet. I got the 4 bolts out, but the amp itself won't slide out because of the metal base that sits above it. Any short cuts or ways to get the amp out besides removing one of the sides of the console or removing a bunch of screws to get the metal piece out?

Remove the dash bezel around the radio,remove the storage cubby where 12v outlets are,there will be iirc 4 screws behind there,then remover the cup holder and trim there will be another 4-6 screws there, in the storage in the center console there will be 4 screws at the bottom of it,then at the bottom on the inside of each seat 2 screws on each side, then it will lift right up

I've done this once before

All trim off

photo1_zps14985000.jpg[/url

12v screws

photo2_zpsdd9c100c.jpg

Screws in storage and amp view

photo4_zpsb46afbac.jpg

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Wow, thanks for the write-up! I'll get crankin' on this tomorrow.

no problem man, also in the first pic with the drill there will be couple screws between the trim plastic and the subwoofer( that the black thing you see when the cup holder is out) good luck with it, it took me lil over a hr in total

O and no programming is required after you install the new amp it's plug n play, I have heard people say you got to but this isn't true

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Got it out! It looked fine besides all of the coke that had somehow ended up all over and in it, lol. Now I just need to wait patiently for the replacement....

nice job well at lease you know now 100% that was you issue.

• 2 weeks later...

ever get the new amp in? did it solve your issue?

New amp is in and it seems to be doing fine. (Not draining dead every night). Starts most of the time now but you can tell battery needs a full charge. Battery drained all the way dead when amp went bad and I'm away at school with no access to a charger, so I've only been able to jump it. I don't drive more than a few miles per day, if that, so haven't had a chance to really charge it again.