Why to not get any type of used suspension off anyone.

Blown 346

I got some used struts,springs and mounts from someone off the TBSS board for free 2 months ago minus shipping costs. They were supposed to only have 34K on them. No wonder they were free.

Never trust what someone says. My wife almost had a accident on the highway after they let loose at 70MPH, and now it cost me to also replace a A/C line and have the system totally evacuated and re charged. along with new GM Quickstruts and mounts. Pisses me off. Word of warning...

Im not sure if the combo actually did have 34K on them and they just let go, but In the 18 years I have been working on vehicles i have never seen this happen.

Passenger side.

photo2_zps1540cfc7.jpg

Driver side

photo1_zps0f3afbec.jpg

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

damn man that sucks... glad to hear that your wife didnt get into a wreck! and yes its very sketchy when someone gives away free stuff like that... if its free its for a reason.. glad to hear everyone and the veheical is ok

Now Im being told by the TBSS guys they were installed wrong... and she had to have ahit a big pot hole. A pot hole?? If she did, im sure the pot hole would have eaten her truck.LOL. Typical

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

man that sux to hear glad everyone is ok and no major damage was done to the truck when they let go, how many miles did you put on em before they let go? that sux the guy just kinda pushed if off like no biggie people could have been seriously hurt

Glad to hear your wife is ok that's the most Important part. Can always replace parts but not her. Sorry to see that happen. More the most part like I always say people suck. Most people!!

Since I put them on the truck they had less than 3 thousand miles on them. Once day they started making squeaking noises going over bumps, and the next they let loose and the front end went all over like it had no sway bar, which cause the tires to slip etc.

It turns out the struts assemblies I bought were taken apart and then shipped to me. As the washer that sits under the shock piston was missing, which is what caused the problem. You can se in the pics I posted there is no washer. makes me feel wonderful installing these and trusting someones word when they say they are complete. Along with pictures before he sent them showing they were complete, and then getting them and looking over the washer is missing.