Interior Trim kit

I was looking at the carbon fiber interior trim kit from GM and was wondering who else has done this and how well it looks, plus ease of install, tools needed? better kit to buy?

I need a new head liner soon and was planning on a OEM tan color one, but if I swap it out for a dark grey instead I want to slowly change out my trim, while doing that I wanted to hit the trim on the dash and center console plus the overhead console with the carbon fiber look.

what kinda truck is it? i had posted a link awhile back of some interior trim upgrades ill try to dig it up

**edit here the link i found the offer blu,red and carbon fiber

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2006-CHEVY-TRUCK-SUV-GENUINE-CARBON-FIBER-ELECTRIC-BLUE-FINISH-DASH-KIT-/360636988601?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ASilverado+1500&hash=item53f7a3bcb9&vxp=mtr

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

I was looking at the carbon fiber interior trim kit from GM and was wondering who else has done this and how well it looks, plus ease of install, tools needed? better kit to buy? I need a new head liner soon and was planning on a OEM tan color one, but if I swap it out for a dark grey instead I want to slowly change out my trim, while doing that I wanted to hit the trim on the dash and center console plus the overhead console with the carbon fiber look.

I have the brushed aluminum trim combo that the dealer installed on my truck when it was brand new. It is only stick on. It has an adhesive backing that goes over the existing plastic. Thats it, no tools. I like mine, Its different.

I have the brushed aluminum trim combo that the dealer installed on my truck when it was brand new. It is only stick on. It has an adhesive backing that goes over the existing plastic. Thats it, no tools. I like mine, Its different.

That's what I was looking at for mine, and painting the overhead pieces, and adding the CF looking trim to the overhead console for the moon roof. How does the dealer one hold up? don't want something that'll fade or look like crap in a month ya know, lol.

BLNAWAY, it's a 2006 Silverado Ext Cab.

My overlay has been on the truck since 2003 since it was brand new. It hasnt faded and still looks brand new. I have no complaints, it fits well, and makes whatever you put it on look like one piece not a overlay. The key is to buy a good quality like GM. I have seen other overlays that dont fit well and you can see the seams where it meets the original plastic it covers.