DRL on with parking light

chawkins6789

When my parking light comes on I want rhe DRL on sonce my DRL is amber as well. Not sure if I want the parking light on with DRL in daytime but if you guys have a picture to show me different, I am open to the idea. I listed my aanzo LED parking lights for sale and new black lenses come tomorrow.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

Pretty sure you can accomplish this the same way as the 4 High mod. Just put a diode between the parking light relay and the DRL relays. That way the DRL's come on with the parking lights but not the other way around....

Yep

Just follow the same instructions as the 4-high mod. But you would run the diode from the 85 pin of the parking lamp relay and the 85 pin of the DRL relay, just make sure that you face the diode the right way so the line on the diode is on the side of the parking lamp relay.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/83673-different-light-options-4-high-6-high-etc/

edit: I have added the DRL on with the parking lap to my how to on lights.

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

Not working. Wired up like dans diagram using the diode recommended.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk Pro

I can't completely tell by then picture but it looks like the diode from the parking light relay is not in the 85 pin. The 85 pin is the one in the lower left from that angle.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You will lose the drl all together if you wire it into the parking light. They work as one and the blinker will actually get brighter and match the drl amber. I just seen people discussing how to do it recently in cgm, lemme try and find the thread

Edit. Got er. Starts on this page (post #132) and continues for a few. Little bit of reading but looks like the answer is in there

http://customgm.com/under-construction/5560-06-gmc-build-i-guess-7.html

Sent from my Galaxy S-Fawhore

Edited by bassmaster (see edit history)