Auto dimming mirrors not dimming

If it were the glass normally you would see the fluid inside the outside mirror only. My buddy had the same issue with his denali. His rear view mirror wouldnt work so the driver mirror didnt work either. He replaced the rear view and everything worked fine. I would do a Volt test on the wiring going to the rearview mirror first. if ou have power there, its the mirror itself. Just be warned they arent cheap, steer clear of the dealer for this one.

Ha figured it out. I am a new father Lol. My daughter was born November 1st. Well her car seat has a base. So with her car seat in and it is in the middle it blocks headlights from hitting the sensor. I took a flashlight today to the sensor and guess what. They both dimmed out. And I just drove it and they dimmed out. Ooops Lol.

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2

Lol...got two little ones myself, had to put my four year olds booster seat in the middle in the back seat and it did the same thing to me one night.....never put two and two together till now.