Wanted: 2004 SS grille(s) - Originals!

Subref

Hey gang! I pulled the trigger and bought a black 2004 SS, unfortunately the previous owner slapped on a grille that doesn't sit right with the hood because of the style change thereby leaving my hood latch exposed. Just looking at it you can tell it clearly isn't the right one for the truck. If anyone has one, or a lead on one, at a decent price let me know. I'm also looking for the lower vent grilles as these were replaced with billet and spray paint. I'd really rather not have the billet style but the main grille takes priority right now. I've found a few on ebay but figured if anyone here has one laying around maybe we could work something out. OR if you want to trade grilles for whatever reason that could be pretty rad too.

I've attached a photo of the issue I was talking about, I could probably get a better pic at some point this week.

Hope to hear from ya guys soon,
Eric

photo2_zps48223105.jpg

Ya you should probably just get the 06 HD hood, if not you'll need the 03-05 color matched grill and a the diamond grill insert.

I should have the pair of brake duct grills for 03-05 and lower bumper grill 03-05 diamond style.

If you want to get rid of that grill let me know I need a new grill in that style

Ya you should probably just get the 06 HD hood, if not you'll need the 03-05 color matched grill and a the diamond grill insert.

I should have the pair of brake duct grills for 03-05 and lower bumper grill 03-05 diamond style.

If you want to get rid of that grill let me know I need a new grill in that style

As soon as I figure out my grill situation I will let you know. I haven't looked into the hood option too much yet but it feels like it might be cheaper to just grab a grill for $200 off of ebay and paint it.

As soon as I figure out my grill situation I will let you know. I haven't looked into the hood option too much yet but it feels like it might be cheaper to just grab a grill for $200 off of ebay and paint it.

I think people have been able to find that HD hood at a pretty decent price lately. I've seen some locally sell for about $300, check your local CL

I ordered the age appropriate grille on ebay the other day. So when that comes in and I get it all situated I'll have an 06+ black SS grille available...

Also thinking about getting rid of my hard top tonneau cover with remote popper.

• 4 weeks later...