believe my new slp oil pump is going out?

OK do was driving this evil truck of mine yesterday and noticed the oil pressure was dropping and when I stopped it was below 40psi and its usually a good bit above 40 .... now it sounds like something in the front of the motor is binding up when running and was wondering of this could be the oil pump and if anyone has had or heard anything bad about these oil pimps messing up I mean I don't even have 1,000 miles on it

New parts do occasionally fail without much wear on them.

I would hook up a mechanical gauge and re-check your actual pressure.

The bad noise is not a good sign, but I would rule out the dash gauge and sending unit first, and check things like your belt idler and alternator for the noise.

Good luck.

Yeah BC idiling it don't really make much noise and its not a constant noise its a hit and miss sorta thing its just aggravating me this damn truck is being a little bitch lol but IMA figure it out BC I already have it sold its time for something new

I had the same problem with Texas speeds ported high volume pump. It only idled at like 28-38psi, WOT it still didn't get much higher than 44, and cold starts on winter, I'd go maybe 5-6seconds with no oil pressure at all. The instrument cluster would start complaining and chiming about low oil pressure before the oil pressure needle started to creep up to 35ish. Only happened in winter though. Its a scary feeling. Lol. I bet my motor with 5k miles or so, the bearings probably look like 100k. Lol! I'm redoing my top end this summer, so If I see wear on the cam bearings already, I'll pull it and go through it again with a fresh bore hone, and new bearings. May even do ahead and order/re-gap my rings. I'm wanting to get a custom grind cam, and strap on a 2300 head unit. Don't wanna waste my time if that POS oil pump ruined my bearings already. Needless to say, I didn't have a good experience with the TSP pump.

Well guess I'll figure out the problem tomorrow BC I started pulling the motor out tonight but going to finish in the am BC its got a lifter noise sounds like to me now on the back driver side cylinder loud when I rev it and quite when its idiling .... I just get so aggravated when I don't even have 300 miles on this motor but I was wondering is possibly my cam to big for ls7 lifters and may need to get a better lifter I have a torquer v3 cam?

And yeah I hate to see it go to I love this truck sooo much and have a lot of memories with it and said I'd never sell it but I just can't deal with the headaches anymore or broke wallet so I'm looking at tahoes now

Well, I have heard A LOT of nightmare stories about ls7 lifters. They like to collapse very early... About 300 miles. Look at Wills rcsb build. His ls7 lifters collapse in barely no time at all. They're junk. I'd pull the heads and take a peak. May just need to swap lifters and call it a day. I'd also look into that pump though too.