Finally got one

Bigtoyz97

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to do an air ride to get into it since I am in a chair. Think base kit is 1600 might do a few options so might be in the area of 2250 or so. But that is cheap vs lifts to get up to seat level. Last one I bought to get into ford power stroke was 6500.

Thats a hefty chunk of change, but I can definitely see why you would rather go that way....hell it even looks cooler, I am also up for seeing pics when it is all done, never seen accessibility on a vehicle that ended up making it look sweet and handle better, l have only ever seen lifts. Hope you can get it knocked out in record time!

Welcome aboard and let us know how that air ride work on your truck.. I have to assume its awd if it is arrival blue because there weren't any 2wd arrival blues SS's made.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

All 2003-2004's were AWD....

And Patrick congrats again on the ride... If you ever need help modding that pig let me know, I have done alot to my truck just look at my sig :devil: ... Also if you ever find your way up north look me up or PM me and maybe we could hang out.... If its winter I won't have my truck out though LOL... Its to nice and rare for me to be drive it in the harsh MN winters... I bought it down south and still looks absolutley brand new inside and out and underneath, as I have never driven it in the winter up here... But It would make an awesome winter truck IMO... If I could get another for a DD I would :) and I just might do that LOL

FYI- I know there is another member on here that is in a wheel chair and has done some cool stuff to his truck. I beleive he even has his chair lift mounted in the back too, and has done most the work himself and its Supercharged LOL...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

I have a lift that goes in the box also that I'm gonna use.

Yeah plan to take really good care of it don't want it to rust. Have had to use my car a couple of winters, but it is 16 years old and zero rust. I just make sure to power wash under the wheel wells and areas that stuff tends to collect.

Hi Patrick & welcome to the site!!

I remember seeing a build of a truck that had air-ride and remote control lift in back for the wheelie. The guy could get in drivers seat and put his chair in the bed. The bed cover opened up side ways. It was really trick.

It wasn't an SS so yours might be the first...Good Luck with build & truck!!

MrratSS do you remember who had the build that the he was able to get it under the tonneau cover? that would be cool as h#ll if I could do that. Then I wouldn't have to sell mine, really kind of like the looks of it on there.

• 1 month later...

FINALLY got to drive my Truck today..........oh such a big s%^t eatin grin on my face.......got to play a little bit also. Seen a 6 banger Camaro (not the new ones, but would have for kicks) oh yeah just had to see what it had. Good excuse I thought anyways. Yeah she bark's........I am quite impressed for what they weigh. But damn nice ridin....oh and those seats oh man I love them! MPG really isn't any worse than what my 04 S10 crew cab was.....so Im happy. Nicer ride....quite cab noise except for the healthy exhaust note(Think it has true dual exhaust already), and compared to my S10 you can actually talk back and forth in it! No real hwy noise to it at all. And will be able to pull my boat around and not having to work the heck out of it. That little S10 would use 1/4 tank of fuel going to the lake and back with the boat. 25 miles one way I suppose it is.

Cant wait to get started on the goodies :devil: sounds like my business should be up and running in a month or so. So I'll be saving every dime for this baby. Gonna change my cam in my Comp T/A and bigger crank pulley and call it good until my truck motor/turbo/trans pretty much revamped is finished.

And having someone from up NORTH wants to go down to Oklahoma with me this summer and drive his SSS down to do some Fishin, but gonna have to pull my boat down so we can go fishing fishing also. Gotta do that with some bottle bass! We had a little board meeting on difference of FishIN and Fishing....meeting Adjourned after that right SuperSport ^^ remembered your handle this time :fart:

SSS_First_Drive.jpg