Pic of where the jack goes in the truck?

NipRing

It does store in the cab right where the tools go.

Scroll down and you will see two pictures of where the bottle jack goes right next to the tool kit.

http://www.duhabins.com/chevy/2006-chevy-1500-truck-storage.php

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Its funny because all my jack does is add weight to my truck, it will barely pick my truck up and when i had 24s it couldn't even get the tires off the ground.....those damn gm jacks aren't worth having lol

My truck sits a lot higher than the sss. Vortec max.

I had to use a floor jack because the only way i could have used the little bottle jack they put in the truck was to put it under the control arm and I will not do that.

I dont know what the deal is then...when I had my 24s I wanted to rotate them in my garage..they were basically 33" tall tires. With the bottle jack fully extended the suspension wouldnt unload and get the tire off the ground. Not sure if it is the autoride shocks or something else. You should have seen it when I installed my drop shackles, the top of my tailgate must have six feet or more off the ground before I could unload the rear suspension. I was told it could be done while on the ground but I didnt want to take a chance and didnt have an extra hand....it took a 2 1/2 ton floor jack with a six by six block of wood fully extended to lift thebass of that truck high enough off the ground to unload the rear leafs. I need to prerun this damn truck it has so much travel.

And Danny I think evryone has their own strategic jacking locations....lmao