Need help truck dies when I come to a stop

Hello, First off I still have a 5.3 engine on a 04 silverado.

This last saturday the weather went down to single digits and I'm not quite sure if this is what caused it or not. It never really gets that cold. Well anyways ever since then everytime I have the truck in "drive" the RPM will drop and eventually die on me and sometimes it right when I get to a complete stop so I cant even drive on the main roads now. Also in "park" the rpm wont drop so sudden but if I leave it running 5 or so minutes I'll eventually walk out to a dead truck. What could be causing this? My check engine light dont work so I'm not sure if i'm throwing a code I'll go check later today or tomorrow. Anyways what could be some causes of this?

Some things that can cause this are a dirty MAF sensor, Dirty Throttle Body. I would clean those up first. Its worked for me anytime someone I know has this issue. Or worst case it could also be a cam or crank sensor issue. But the truck might have a hard time starting on occasion if it were those sensors. Start off with the easy stuff first. Go to your local parts store and have them read the codes for you.

Some things that can cause this are a dirty MAF sensor, Dirty Throttle Body. I would clean those up first. Its worked for me anytime someone I know has this issue. Or worst case it could also be a cam or crank sensor issue. But the truck might have a hard time starting on occasion if it were those sensors. Start off with the easy stuff first. Go to your local parts store and have them read the codes for you.

Perfect explanation!!

Just makes sure you use electrical parts cleaner fore the MAF. and the the other sensor in the TB. Normal brake clean ill work for the TB and inside the intake. You will be amazed at how much oil residue you will find in the intake itself once the TB is off.

Some Sea foam in the gas tank and the brake booster line wouldnt hurt either.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

I don't know if you have the throttle body coolant bypass mod done to yours, but if you do have it done route the coolant line back to the throttlebody.

I had the same thing happen when the weather got cold out and that was my problem.

If you don't have the mod done then do what was mentioned earlier.

Alright well now I fix the idle thing.. Now my truck is back to doing the REP again.. I had a problem with this last time and I rechecked the ground wire and it looked good. I'm thinking it's the throttle body due to these other symptoms I had. Any other guesses I should throw at it? I cleared the codes the other day I'll have to go recheck which codes tomorrow as I'm at work atm.

I had a similar problem recently and besides cleaning the TB I pulled a few fuses under the hood relating to the ecu. Waited a few min, put'em back in, problem solved. At that time I didn't have any way of knowing if I was throwing any codes. So for me if it was a code I don't know what it was. It's been about two months and no more issues.