Saying bye to the SSS.. for this.....

super88

So Im getting rid of the SSS at the end of this month.. Buying my litle bros 1991 454 SS and he is going to take over my SS.. Just feel like its time for a change and well ll save a ton of money..

I havent been on here for a while, but as far as the SSS goes its full bolt on, cammed and wide band tune..

Plans for the 454 SS, painting it white, sunroof, different hood.. still debating on fixing up the 454 or swapping a 6.0

4543_zps908bbe58.jpg

Agreed, The value will go down drastically if you mess with it.

Yep! To each their own, but its a beautiful low production truck as is... Painting it and swapping the motor is a disgrace like lifting an SS truck!! Go find a 88-98 single cab chevy and do whatever you want! LOL! I'll come buy that damn 454 if it means saving it from the chop shop! Just sayin. Leave it be. Its beautiful as it sits.

Yep! To each their own, but its a beautiful low production truck as is... Painting it and swapping the motor is a disgrace like lifting an SS truck!! Go find a 88-98 single cab chevy and do whatever you want! LOL! I'll come buy that damn 454 if it means saving it from the chop shop! Just sayin. Leave it be. Its beautiful as it sits.

Agree!!!!!!

Agree X2

if it was a current rust bucket beat up truck id say go for it and mod it and make it your own. but it seems real clean and well kept. id let it be and just enjoy it. definitely a nice deal tho ive always loved the 454 SS's

You'd be crazy to swap a big block 454 for a small block 6.0L... Yea the 6.0L are awesome motors but so are the 454 as they are TQ monsters... Those 90's 454's are indeed TQ monsters but sinfully slow in the 1/4... But a big cam and heads, intake and those 454's are turning 13's-12's in the 1/4