Putting a d1sc procharger on my 03 SS awd hold up???

Hello there might be something on here about this but I couldn't find anything. Like I said I'm boosting my SS and am wondering if I should go ahead and pull the transaction and build it or if I'm not gonna be doing anything crazy will it last a summer plan on doing a simple shift kit and synthetic swap please give me your input and also one day I thought about buying a wreaked vette motor and if I did that I would wanna manual 6 speed my truck with awd still what's out there to do that I am just keeping my options open. Thanks

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Youre saying you want to put a d1sc on the ss at least do some other mods first man like some simple bolt ons get a shift kit and corvette servo and then get the d1 you won't be going past 8psi though because 10psi is max on stock bottom end. Why don't you just get a cam and heads?

the d1 you won't be going past 8psi though because 10psi is max on stock bottom end.

How do you figure? I was seeing 13lbs easy on my setup and it laughed at me.The new owner is seeing upwards of 16lbs where he is at.

blowing a bottom end? lol what you cant do that with 10 pounds idk who told you that.

listen a d1sc is fine for these trucks. with a good fuel system and tuning I would say 15 pounds is the danger point. ive had boost going through my motor for over 30k now with 2 different blowers. motor still runs perfect. just beef up your trans and the rest of the truck will be fine.

I'd consider a 4l80e w/the power your going to prod

blowing a bottom end? lol what you cant do that with 10 pounds idk who told you that.

listen a d1sc is fine for these trucks. with a good fuel system and tuning I would say 15 pounds is the danger point. ive had boost going through my motor for over 30k now with 2 different blowers. motor still runs perfect. just beef up your trans and the rest of the truck will be fine.

Agree, but imo I'd consider a 4l80e w/the power your going to produce.

Don't venture past 10psi for now lol if done right you can see more psi but for now take it easy if you do go boost

your information is false and incorrect. you have no facts to backup your claim and your steering people in the wrong direction. nobody has ever blown a motor with 10 pounds on this web site unless they had ray Charles tuning there truck. 10 pounds is not much boost at all these motors are just warming up at 10 pounds.

start off with a 4.0 pulley on your d1 O.P. prochargers boost varies on your setup. with that said you can pulley down as you please in order to get your desired number.

I'd consider a 4l80e w/the power your going to prod

Agree, but imo I'd consider a 4l80e w/the power your going to produce.

if and when he breaks his stock unit he can decide where to go from there. no point in fixing something thats no broken.

Edited by 8hnpSS (see edit history)

Im with these guys, 10psi is definitely not the limit for a stock motor. I was seeing around 15psi+ before I sold my D1 and the motor is still running great. Jon was running over 20 psi with his D1 on a stock bottom end and never had any issues. Tuning and fuel system are the most important things to look at if you want the motor to hold up to ANY amount of boost. The trans is another story. The stock trans with a shift kit could last 50k miles or it could last 500 miles, its a crap shoot really. Even a fully built 65 could crap out after only a few hundred miles or it could last forever. Again, tuning goes a long way.

I agree, 10Lbs is not a huge number to be scared of. I have 10LBS of boost on my camaro and had 12 On My 01 vette with no issues. People under estimate the LS1, LS2 LQ9 motors all the time. My vette made over 700 HP to the tire on a stock bottom end with no issues since 2002. The only precautionary measure i would take with any boosted setup is to get ARP rod bolts. The bottom ends on these style engines can handle 800 HP with no issues as long as the tune is there.

I agree, 10Lbs is not a huge number to be scared of. I have 10LBS of boost on my camaro and had 12 On My 01 vette with no issues. People under estimate the LS1, LS2 LQ9 motors all the time. My vette made over 700 HP to the tire on a stock bottom end with no issues since 2002. The only precautionary measure i would take with any boosted setup is to get ARP rod bolts. The bottom ends on these style engines can handle 800 HP with no issues as long as the tune is there.

LS stock bottom ends have survived over 1200HP, 30lbs of boost, and with 150k miles to boot.

Anything can happen, but if you were worried about anything tuning is where you need to focus on. It will tell you most everything.