I'm back with same question LOL!

Mr.RNR

I called this morning to comp cams then to Texas speed asking for cam choice, now I'm looking at these 2 cams, which one will you go to? this set up is for my truck with L92 heads and nitrous 150 (wet)

Texas speed.
Duration @ .050 - INT 229 - EXT 236
Lobe Separation 113
Valve Lift INT 0.624 - EXT 0.615

and

Comp cams
Duration @ .050 - INT 231 - EXT 247
Lobe Separation 113
Valve Lift INT 0.617 - EXT 0.624

Edited by Mr.RNR (see edit history)

The reason I say torquer for quarter mile is because that cam really puts the awd to work especially if you spray off the line. The 231 247 cam has much better duration for nitrous and will go well with the heads on top end if you want to race rolling.

What intake manifold and exhaust setup? I like the TSP cam myself. Mine was speced for a big shot and boost with the L92 heads. And it is similar to the TSP cam. Mine is a little lower duration with more lift than both. I would call Brian Tooley and get his opinion and maybe Ed Curtis and a few of the good cam guys.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah you are definitely gonna want the comp cam 231 247 that is some damn good nitrous cam and good lift for mid range to top end when you spray! But if you are looking for quarter mile times you might want the torquer v cam

To much overlap IMO. You will prob have to fly cut the pistons and with that high of a duration in this heavy of a truck you will want a 4k or more stall. It will also want to be revved to over 7k rpms and in that case rod bolts and tranny upgrades are a must.

True I have a cam similar to that but without such a split in duration mine is 235 243 that cam has 231 247 some good duration for nitrous I have a 3600 stall with this cam and I manage to scratch all four off of the dig so I think it launches alright. But for sure you definitely going to need at least a 3600 stall to leave the line in this beast. Are you going to run the stock intake and injectors?

Edited by AugustBurnsRed19 (see edit history)

No its not.

To the OP, remember that you will need a rectangle port intake as the stock intake won't work on the L92 heads. Didn't know if you are aware.

Talk to Brian Tooley or Geoff IMO

And get a cam truly speced to your truck and what your looking for.

Comps recommendation is rough @ best and TSP is not much better, the guys you speak to over the phone are not camshaft designers. The TSP guy is a salesmen and will push that he has seen work the best or sell the best. The Comp salesmen has a bit more broad knowledge but is a jack of all recommendations and a master of none.

Brian Tooley and Geoff are highly skilled in specing cams for LS motors, they will not steer ya wrong.

I know about the intake but that's the point of this question, I want to make a good combination, and I'm asking you guys because is not the first time you guys help me. if you guy can help me one more time I appreciate!

Edited by Mr.RNR (see edit history)

Well if I were to do it all again I'd go 224/232, 226/232 something in that range of duration. The L92 heads need some split. Then something in the .58X range of lift paired with a 3600 stall, stock L92 intake and 90mm LS3 TB. #60LB injectors are a good choice, leaves you plenty of room to grow.