I'm back! Happily I might add

joeyg

Well I sold my SSS about a year ago and got an '07 STi. I know, I know... but I finally got all the bugs worked out of that, so it's gotta go. Talk about a high maintenance b*tch, but fun to drive too.

I sold the SS to my step-son and well, let's just say he didn't maintain it as I would've. Very small tear on the drivers seat, faded hard top bed cover. He lost his job unfortunately and part of the deal when I sold him the truck was that I get first dib on it. Well, it's mine again and I will be keeping it this time.

So I flew up to NY and drove it to FL where I now live. Out of nowhere the DS wheel bearing/hub went on her. That happened in WV on my way home and I had a dealer do the work ($475.00). I actually think that was reasonable considering I was in a jamb.

I have regretted since I got rid of this truck and I'm so glad to have her back. I'll be in and out of the forums. I'll try and get some pics after I get her cleaned up... she's filthy inside and out. NOT my style.

Well Happy Holidays everyone; actually... Merry Christmas!

Not to bust chops or anything but I think they all eventually get the infamous drivers seat tear from getting in and out of the truck. and my drivers side hub went at like 75,000 miles then passengers side went at 120,000 so I wouldn't be so hard on the step son all these can and will happen to all SS pickups

Oh yeah,I know wheel bearings happen, but 4 hours in to a 19 hour drive kinda sucked, lol. Plus I had to tell them NOT to reflash anything...

There is no excuse for him being a slob tho... it's pretty nasty in and out. Ok fair enuf on the seat issue too. But it's gotta get fixed.

Big plans? No not really. It still has the Power Dyne on it. I'm basically limited by that, she goes like a raped ape 0-80 or so then the blower is just too inefficient to provide much more than stock. I wouldn't mind having a Maggie on her, don't really care which one; 112, don't remember the better one/ones. I'll probably finally cave and go with a custom tune... yeah the Diablo sport tuner is out dated and no more support for it. I got a Trinity for the truck I'm in now ('00 rcsb)and I put an LQ9 cam in its 5.3, woke it up nicely.

But what I will do is...

8 rib pulleys (Power Dyne already has an 8 rib on it).

The rest is just to get back to my sig mods. Maybe I'll rebuild my own relay box cuz I never got another one from whoever for the Efans. I took a few things out when I sold it and it's just been sitting around.

Some exhaust work too. Maybe a new Heart throb muffler like is on it and I'll wrap "everything" to reduce drone.

Hell, I could even do LT's here in FL. That'll be down the road tho cuz I'm happy with the true dual 2.5" on her now and I know if I go LT's, I'll prolly go 3" true dual; and only cuz this will always be FI.

EDIT:

Thanks MuggSS... the four light high beam mod too.

And retint everything too. Only sides done b4 and it's all peeling, so I'll go with FL tint levels now that I couldn't get away with in NY.

Edited by finallyss (see edit history)

Thanks JC03SS and may I ask what are your tint #s? Yours look awesome. Windshield strip? That hood is killer too.

Thanks Man. It's 5% over factory tint. No winds shield strip tho. I'm thinking about one but it's plenty dark. The good is a few months old really sets the truck off. Looks Angry

Thanks Man. It's 5% over factory tint. No winds shield strip tho. I'm thinking about one but it's plenty dark. The good is a few months old really sets the truck off. Looks Angry

Wow, that's dark, :cool: . Maybe too dark for me, but yeah... mean looking. I'll prolly go 15 or 20 everywhere.